This is why you always start with Champagne.
1985 Pol Roger Winston Churchill
1990 Cheval Blanc
2010 Drouhin Pouilly Fuisse
2003 Roderer Estate L'Ermitage Brut
If you're young and conservative, you have no heart. If you're old and liberal, you have no brain.
Apostrophes don't make things plural.
Maredsous Abbaye-Abdij Tradition Benedictine Ale
2005 Frenchman Hills Winery Cabernet Sauvignon
2010 Socre Dolcetto D' alba
2005 Marquis Philips The Grail Of Lisa Shiraz
1995 Charles Heidsieck Millesime Brut
Last night appies at our home and then out to dinner with great friends:
- NV Godme Pere et Fils Champagne Brut Blanc de Noirs -- floral and berry, very nice
- 2002 Bollinger Champagne Brut La Grande Annee -- this is outstanding, dough, pear, pineapple, ginger, roasted nuts, long finish, almost a Wow! wine
- 2005 Zind-Humbrecht Riesling Wintzenheim Clos Häuserer -- big powerful Riesling, intense apple and honey, extremely long finish, good acidity, can probably go decades, killer with lobster consommé and prawns
- 2009 Beaux Freres Pinot Noir Beaux Freres Vineyard -- lovely floral and black tea nose, bit lighter than expected but lots of flavour, cherry, berry, cola, very nice
- 2006 Leonetti Merlot -- berry and espresso nose and palate, great plush texture, long finish, very enjoyable
- 2000 Leonetti Cabernet Sauvignon -- nose was eerily similar to the Merlot, but spicier in the mouth, plum, good acidity, silky, very long finish with fine tannins at the end, firing on all cylinders now, probably at peak
Also had Aqualunca Pastis before dinner at the restaurant, which is the best tasting Pastis/Pernod/Ouzo type of liquor that I've ever had, far more complex than Ricard or the other usual suspects. I will seek this out.
And some kind of Sandeman's Port late in the evening.
Nice way to end 2012, and no matter how good it was, am hoping that 2013 will be better yet for everyone. Happy New Year to all!
2009 Hoopes Cabernet Sauvignon
2009 Schramsberg Vintage Brut Rose Sparkler
1990 Dom Perignon
Opened the 1989 Beaucastel and it did not disappoint. Also opened the 1986 Mouton and it was tight tight tight (from 375ml) so left it in bottle and will try the rest of it tonite. Happy New Year everyone!
A wine that will hold for 50 years with ease, and 75 years with excellent provenance.
2005 Domaine Weinbach Gewurztraminer Altenbourg Cuvee Laurence.
|Powered by Social Strata||Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26|