WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    December 2012: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

December 2012: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
About halfway through a 1990 Troplong Mondot.

Stunning bottle of wine thus far.

Posts: 30090 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Tour Maillet
2005 2480 Hollywood & Vine cabs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wineplease,

Posts: 1048 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Last night with Allred, Vino Me, Anwar and our wives:

N.V. Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Réserve
2002 Launois Pere et Fils Champagne Special Club
2003 Lamiable Champagne Cuvée Les Meslaines Brut Grand Cru
2002 Bollinger Champagne La Grande Année
1998 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut La Grande Dame
N.V. Jacques Selosse Champagne Brut Initiale
2003 Fritz Haag Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel #9
2003 Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel
2005 Bouchard Père et Fils Beaune 1er Cru Clos St. Landry
2000 Domaine de la Janasse Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Chaupin
2003 Domaine Roger Perrin Châteauneuf-du-Pape Reserve des Vieilles Vignes
1999 Kalin Cellars Sémillon
1997 Domaines Schlumberger Gewurztraminer Cuvée Anne

Not a dud in the bunch, but the '02 Launois was my WOTN.
How was the 1999 Kalin Cellars Semillon?

Posts: 928 | Location: Olive Branch, Mississippi | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Last night with Allred, Vino Me, Anwar and our wives:

N.V. Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Réserve
2002 Launois Pere et Fils Champagne Special Club
2003 Lamiable Champagne Cuvée Les Meslaines Brut Grand Cru
2002 Bollinger Champagne La Grande Année
1998 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut La Grande Dame
N.V. Jacques Selosse Champagne Brut Initiale
2003 Fritz Haag Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel #9
2003 Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel
2005 Bouchard Père et Fils Beaune 1er Cru Clos St. Landry
2000 Domaine de la Janasse Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Chaupin
2003 Domaine Roger Perrin Châteauneuf-du-Pape Reserve des Vieilles Vignes
1999 Kalin Cellars Sémillon
1997 Domaines Schlumberger Gewurztraminer Cuvée Anne

Not a dud in the bunch, but the '02 Launois was my WOTN.

Terrific lineup last night. My WOTN would be the 2003 Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel- perfect balance of fruit, petrol and acidity, and it paired very well with Lady VM's dishes. The Launois was excellent though; glad we tried it, now I need to grab some more and sit on them for a while. The Kalin was indeed tight and really didn't begin to open until Domino and I were we'll into clean up & dish washing...three bottles left, and I will try to wait a couple of years before opening another. Thanks all for another terrific evening.

Posts: 1592 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Meek Family Estates Syrah with the Vikings big wine. Good pairing.

Next week Conn Valley Eloge 2006 with a win in Green Bay.

www.twincitieswinetasting.com

Posts: 450 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 Clos des Papes Cdp

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6591 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Sean Minor Pinot Noir Carneros

Posts: 886 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
With bman, Impulse, Uncle John, Robo Porker, vinaigre and lovelandre (and the ladies) at Le Smoking Vallee last evening. A great night to spend with everyone over this Holiday.

1989 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Trilennium Reserve Cuvée
2008 Guigal Condrieu La Dorianne
2005 Clos Apalta
2001 Pio Cesare barolo
2007 Jonata La Sangre de Jonata
2008 Achaval-Ferrer Finca Bella Vista
2005 Don Melchor
2005 Cuvee des cadettes, Chateau la Nerthe
2005 Peter Michael Les Pavots
2005 Vega Sicilia Alion
1977 Taylor Fladgate VP

All wines showed very well.

Is that all we get? No WOTN? How was the resto? How about the 01 Pio Cesare and 05 Melchor? Drink or holds? I won't ask that about the 05 Alion because it must be a hold.

Oh, and who wrote down the names of all the wines? Wink

steve8 - The restaurant was excellent. Yet another to be added to the list (Good find, vinaigre). Food very good. Most of the guys had the Cheval for the main and it was very, very nicely prepared.

The '08 Achaval-Ferrer was very elegant.
The '01 Pio Cesare barolo showed very well. To be honest, I was just enjoying the evening and not critiquing the wines much. I don't recall the '05 Mellchor (it may not have made its' way to the complete end of the table I was at. I also don't recall the la Nerthe getting down to us, either, but I didn't give it a second thought. Nothing was stressed over. The Taylor was NOT corked this time. It was all good.

You are correct that the Alion needed the most time. The Condrieu was textbook. Beautiful.

FYI: I took the wines from the 'Declared' list to work from as I couldn't count on you Big Grin

OH Yeah: You and J were missed Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSC02,

Posts: 15481 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Jermann Vintage Tunina
2000 Ceretto Azienda Bricco Barbaresco

Posts: 30090 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
With bman, Impulse, Uncle John, Robo Porker, vinaigre and lovelandre (and the ladies) at Le Smoking Vallee last evening. A great night to spend with everyone over this Holiday.

1989 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Trilennium Reserve Cuvée
2008 Guigal Condrieu La Dorianne
2005 Clos Apalta
2001 Pio Cesare barolo
2007 Jonata La Sangre de Jonata
2008 Achaval-Ferrer Finca Bella Vista
2005 Don Melchor
2005 Cuvee des cadettes, Chateau la Nerthe
2005 Peter Michael Les Pavots
2005 Vega Sicilia Alion
1977 Taylor Fladgate VP

All wines showed very well.

Is that all we get? No WOTN? How was the resto? How about the 01 Pio Cesare and 05 Melchor? Drink or holds? I won't ask that about the 05 Alion because it must be a hold.

Oh, and who wrote down the names of all the wines? Wink

I have thought that the 2005 Clos Apalta is one of the best expressions of that cuvee that I have tried, and truly worthy to hang in prestigious company. Any thoughts?

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3089 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
I have thought that the 2005 Clos Apalta is one of the best expressions of that cuvee that I have tried, and truly worthy to hang in prestigious company. Any thoughts?

An excellent showing of this young wine, Redhawk. I do believe that this is my first experience with Clos Apalta so I've nothing to compare it to. But very nice indeed.

Posts: 15481 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by max:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
2000 Harlan Estate
How did this one do Shaferguy?

Max,

This was a really delicious wine. Very elegant, rich and powerful. I decanted for 2 hours and it was hitting on all cylinders.

Last night:
2010 Bergström Pinot Noir de Lancellotti

Posts: 3649 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure what we are having, I know it will include

NV Feuillate
2007 Ketcham Viogner
2003 Janasse CDP Vielle Vignes

Posts: 5942 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Ridge Lytton Springs.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bringing a NV Bollinger and 2006 Stefania Santa Cruz Cabernet to some friends house tonight.

Posts: 5439 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quiet evening bringing in the New Year over Supper with the vinaigre family:

1995 Charles Heidsieck Champagne Blanc des Millénaires
1987 Diamond Creek Cabernet Sauvignon Lake
1998 Château d'Yquem

posted Hide Post
1990 Charles Heidsieck Champagne Blanc des Millénaires
1998 Tarlant Brut Prestige

Posts: 1639 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be 2001 Cims de Porrera Priorat Classic and 2002 Perrier Jouet Fleur de Champagne Belle Époque.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2398 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:

Hope that Charlie shows as well as it did last time...and Happy New Year to you and Mrs Mangiare. Smile

Posts: 2774 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:

Hope that Charlie shows as well as it did last time...and Happy New Year to you and Mrs Mangiare. Smile

Thanks Bro. Happy New Year to you and C as well!

Just added a 1990 Pichon Lalande to this "quiet" evening.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 Bodega Colomé Torrontés
1995 Spottswoode Cabernet Sauvignon Estate

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6099 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Decoy red blend

Dzitt

Posts: 856 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2006 Iron Horse Vintage Selection Brut

Posts: 281 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last Friday dinner with friends

06 Outpost petite sirah Howel Mt.
05 Ch. Pape Clement
07 Caymus zinfandel (disappointing)

Posts: 2288 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1989 ch. labegorce zede
1986 leoville Barton

Fell asleep before champagne was opened, but about to get on first chair and have the hills all to my lovely wife and I.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post