WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    December 2012: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

December 2012: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed at lunch today.

2004 Artadi Vina El Pison

Posts: 30013 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NV Joseph Perrier cuvée royale

Posts: 1050 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2002 Domaine Tollot-Beaut Aloxe-Corton

Posts: 2686 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Enjoyed at lunch today.

2004 Artadi Vina El Pison

Would you say it's ready yet? I just have a single bottle.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva.

Posts: 9380 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Planning to have fresh Dover sole when we go out to dinner tonight, and taking along 2007 Paul Coulon Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc Boisrenard (as well as my wife Smile).

There will be a yet to be determined Champagne to start off the long-awaited weekend too.

Cheers!

Posts: 8322 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
Planning to have fresh Dover sole when we go out to dinner tonight, and taking along 2007 Paul Coulon Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc Boisrenard (as well as my wife Smile).

There will be a yet to be determined Champagne to start off the long-awaited weekend too.

From the long awaited weekend comment I take it all worked out to your satisfaction? Cheers.

Posts: 10009 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2006 Ferrer Bobet Priorat

Not the 08 that everyone's been raving about, but I think I'd give this vintage a shot too.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Houston | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Ferrer Bobet Priorat - first bottle of this and underwhelmed. First sip revealed a flabby wine. Over time it started to show some structure and fruit but after 2 hours I feel it hadn't shown what it was capable of. Probably hold the rest for a few years as this was not a bottle to brag about.

Posts: 2541 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
2008 Ferrer Bobet Priorat - first bottle of this and underwhelmed. First sip revealed a flabby wine. Over time it started to show some structure and fruit but after 2 hours I feel it hadn't shown what it was capable of. Probably hold the rest for a few years as this was not a bottle to brag about.

+1

I had this a couple weeks ago off of a recommendation, and was completely underwhelmed.

Posts: 1429 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- 2007 Dunn Napa (a combo of a celebration & just checking in on the bottle). It needed a good (3) hours of air, but it was surprisingly open for business. I prefer the '06 by a long shot, but this is still great stuff.

- 2010 Belle Glos "Clark & Telephone Vineyard" Pinot (Not fun out of the bottle, but very nice after (2) hours in the decanter). The fluctuation in price on these C&T's is crazy. I bought this one at $26, but I have seen them approach $60. At $26, it's a great buy. At $60, no way...

Posts: 1429 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NolanE:
2006 Ferrer Bobet Priorat

I had this a few weeks ago and thought it was a solid 90 point wine...may improve one point.

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2723 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:

+1

I had this a couple weeks ago off of a recommendation, and was completely underwhelmed.

This needs time.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36745 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Ayoub Pinot Noir ???. Way young, but I've never had an Ayoub before, so I wanted to get a sense for my remaining three bottles. Excellent, but this probably needs three years at least.

Posts: 3554 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Chateau de Cruzeau (white)
2000 Paolo Manzone, Barolo, Serralunga
2007 Stefania, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chaine D'Or

Posts: 10009 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1989 Krug Collection ( worth every dollar)
1989 Leoville Las Cases
1989 Vieux Chateau Certan

Posts: 30013 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
Planning to have fresh Dover sole

One of my Top 10 meals, and with great ease.

I hope it was stellar.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
2010 Ayoub Pinot Noir ???. Way young, but I've never had an Ayoub before, so I wanted to get a sense for my remaining three bottles. Excellent, but this probably needs three years at least.

Several people in OR highly reccomended we visit Ayoub when we were out there. Didn't make it, and I've kind of been kicking myself for it. Oh well...

Posts: 5376 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NV Vranken Demoiselles rose' (wife's choice) for lunch.

2010 Blason de Bourgogne st veran for room

Posts: 1050 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon. Too young; while pleasurable it shows quite a abit of those menthol/eucalyptus and maracuya notes. Have not had a chilean in a while and would love to understand what gives them these maracuya notes.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1540 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Several people in OR highly reccomended we visit Ayoub when we were out there. Didn't make it, and I've kind of been kicking myself for it. Oh well...

I'm sure you'll get a chance to try one of mine in the future. Wink

Posts: 3554 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
1989 Leoville Las Cases

My last bottle was oxidized (3 days ago). Frown

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5617 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
1989 Leoville Las Cases

My last bottle was oxidized (3 days ago). Frown

Ouch.

Irwin opened one a year ago that was excellent, and I have been drinking a few since.

posted Hide Post
My last one was corked. Such is wine.... Frown

PH

Posts: 14980 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
My last one was corked. Such is wine.... Frown

PH

I'm thinking '89 Bordeaux is not your friend. Razz

That is three I'm aware of.