WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    December 2012: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

December 2012: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2009 reine pedauque chablis
2008 Alain montchovet hautes cotes beaune

Posts: 1147 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NV Gaston Chiquet Brut
2- 1992 Spottswoode
2- 1992 Volcanic Hill
4- 1992 Dominus
1- 1982 Talenti BDM

Banana Banana

Posts: 1689 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How was that Dominus? The 1992 is the best I've ever had.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36882 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 Alois Lageder Muller Thurgau

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2952 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Hall Cabernet Napa Valley.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2006 Ridge Lytton Springs

Posts: 2557 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight with assorted appies and spicy Thai-style salmon and prawn soup:

- NV Piper-Heidsieck Brut (375 ml), very pleasant
- 2002 Trimbach Gewurztraminer Vendanges Tardives, excellent, sweet and spicy, pear, mineral, sage, very long finish, still on the young side

Cheers!

Posts: 8498 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
NV Gaston Chiquet Brut
2- 1992 Spottswoode
2- 1992 Volcanic Hill
4- 1992 Dominus
1- 1982 Talenti BDM

Banana Banana

You drank 4 bottles of 1992 Dominus tonight?

Awesome!!! Razz

Posts: 3132 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Bastide de Beauvert (les Vignoble Foncalieu) Cotes du Rhone.--mixed berry compote on the nose. Nice youthful fruit with balanced tannins. Very nice bottle for the price (most of the wine went into the braised beef ribs, however. Winner
2003 Vieux Telegraphe CdP La Crau. -- nice aromatic nose and beautiful structure. Still needs time, though.
2003 Chateau Pavie St. Emilion. Wow! actually seems open for business, but obviously still quite young.
Glenfiddich 30 year old. -- yummy
Rare Malts Selection Glen Ord 23 year old (cask strength) -- also yummy. And went well with the meteor shower tonight.
Elijah Craig (private) Opperman barrel #3 "Cigar Bourbon" -- nice and spicy. A perfect way to finish my San Christobal Habana.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Redhawk, that sounds like a heck of an evening. I'm predicting a bit of dehydration and a headache for you this morning, though!

Posts: 5490 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
2009 Bastide de Beauvert (les Vignoble Foncalieu) Cotes du Rhone.--mixed berry compote on the nose. Nice youthful fruit with balanced tannins. Very nice bottle for the price (most of the wine went into the braised beef ribs, however. Winner
2003 Vieux Telegraphe CdP La Crau. -- nice aromatic nose and beautiful structure. Still needs time, though.
2003 Chateau Pavie St. Emilion. Wow! actually seems open for business, but obviously still quite young.
Rare Malts Selection Glen Ord 23 year old (cask strength) -- also yummy. And went well with the meteor shower tonight.
Elijah Craig (private) Opperman barrel #3 "Cigar Bourbon" -- nice and spicy. A perfect way to finish my San Christobal Habana.

What did you drink with the short ribs? Would think both the VT and Pavie would be pleasant...little cold up in MI for a cigar no? Nice pairing there as well Cool

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2760 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
NV Gaston Chiquet Brut
2- 1992 Spottswoode
2- 1992 Volcanic Hill
4- 1992 Dominus
1- 1982 Talenti BDM

Banana Banana

Awesome!!! Razz

To celebrate 12/12/12 all bottles started with 1 and ended with 2. Thanks to Gman for the tip.

Board-O, I thought the Dominus was very good just not great which I have thought in the past.
All in all, a great night of debauchery.

Posts: 1689 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 Pride Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13590 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1953 Krug Collection Brut ( magnum)

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Brancaia Tre Toscana IGT

Posts: 3668 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Yet another plebian bottle. Roll Eyes You really need to step up your game, man.... Wink

PH

Posts: 15215 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:

Yet another plebian bottle. Roll Eyes You really need to step up your game, man.... Wink

PH

Our CEO's birth year, so we 5 partners bought and enjoyed at our Austin celebration.

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:

PH

Sick...just plain ol' sick Cool

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

posted Hide Post
2010 domaine prieure, savings les beaune

Posts: 1147 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
quote:

What did you drink with the short ribs? Would think both the VT and Pavie would be pleasant...little cold up in MI for a cigar no? Nice pairing there as well Cool

It was an informal dinner, so we basically finished the bottle of VT, and started on the decanter of Pavie mid-meal. Both went very well with the ribs. I would say that the Pavie is a flashier wine that really stands on its own, not necessarily needing any food to pair with it. The VT is still a little tight, but it probably paired better with the meal, over all.

Yes, it was cold, as you would expect a clear Michigan night in mid-december to be. So you wear a coat and a hat, and put a splash of room temp water in the Scotch instead of an ice cube, and enjoy it as it cools down. Unfortunately we don't have a hot tub here in Saginaw, as that is perhaps the better way to enjoy cigars and Scotch in the winter.

Stay thirsty my friends.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Redhawk, that sounds like a heck of an evening. I'm predicting a bit of dehydration and a headache for you this morning, though!

I foresaw the potential problem, and drank lots of water last night! No problem today, although I'm off work and could sleep in a little. Smile

Stay thirsty my friends.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It was an informal dinner, so we basically finished the bottle of VT, and started on the decanter of Pavie mid-meal. Both went very well with the ribs. I would say that the Pavie is a flashier wine that really stands on its own, not necessarily needing any food to pair with it. The VT is still a little tight, but it probably paired better with the meal, over all.

Yes, it was cold, as you would expect a clear Michigan night in mid-december to be. So you wear a coat and a hat, and put a splash of room temp water in the Scotch instead of an ice cube, and enjoy it as it cools down. Unfortunately we don't have a hot tub here in Saginaw, as that is perhaps the better way to enjoy cigars and Scotch in the winter.

Yup...I look the "stay puff marshmellow man" up here in the winter puffing on a cigar...I've yet to find a pair of gloves that are warm enough, yet thin enough to hold the cigar comfortably.

By the way....I do the same with my scotch/bourbon....drink as it cools Cool

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup...I look the "stay puff marshmellow man" up here in the winter puffing on a cigar...I've yet to find a pair of gloves that are warm enough, yet thin enough to hold the cigar comfortably.

Actually, it wasn't so cold that I needed gloves last night. Besides, a bare hand helps to keep the whiskey from getting too cold.

Marcb, where are you located?

Stay thirsty my friends.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Actually, it wasn't so cold that I needed gloves last night. Besides, a bare hand helps to keep the whiskey from getting too cold.

Marcb, where are you located?

Im in NH....where your 'balls' ascend for 4 months after Thanksgiving.....actually it has been seasonally warm here too...45 degrees today...but I smoke year round...even in 10-20 degree weather...albeit a short cigar!

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
NV Gaston Chiquet Brut
2- 1992 Spottswoode
2- 1992 Volcanic Hill
4- 1992 Dominus
1- 1982 Talenti BDM

Banana Banana

Awesome!!! Razz

To celebrate 12/12/12 all bottles started with 1 and ended with 2. Thanks to Gman for the tip.

Board-O, I thought the Dominus was very good just not great which I have thought in the past.
All in all, a great night of debauchery.

a very very proper one I might add =)

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12229 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post