Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello All
 Login/Join 
posted
After making my first post in the buying/selling section, figured I should properly introduced myself.

Long time lurker - I have appreciated reading the insight from this forum, especially the locals in Toronto. New to the game, still learning.

Hopefully I can contribute some in the future.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Feb 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Jcamp.

If you're in Toronto, get thee to an offline!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome and enjoy - it may be difficult, bust just ignore the D bags - there is actually a lot of knowledge to be gleened from this site

Posts: 228 | Registered: Jun 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bates40:
Welcome and enjoy - it may be difficult, bust just ignore the D bags - there is actually a lot of knowledge to be gleened from this site

adds to the charm.

be a boring site if all people did was buy and sell.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11651 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome. Nice to have another Canuck around.

Posts: 580 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Welcome and enjoy - it may be difficult, bust just ignore the D bags

How you post and look in the mirror at the same time is a talent that you should be proud of.

Posts: 167 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: Jan 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Miller:
quote:

How you post and look in the mirror at the same time is a talent that you should be proud of.

i think I lol'ed =)

post of the year vote for me.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11651 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a mirror behind my screen at all times. That way my eyes barely have to move when I switch between the two.

Helps with chat roulette! Cool Popcorn

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2222 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The most vile things I've ever read on this board came from your hands.

Posts: 851 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait a sec....I think I know Jay.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7092 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums, Jcamp.

Buckle up, 'cause the ride can get bumpy.

Smile

Posts: 6430 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EB Wine:
quote:

The most vile things I've ever read on this board came from your hands.

Welcome aboard. And yes, get to an offline.

Wow... guess I should have read more of bates40's posts.

As far as d-bags are concerned, the d-bags here are all a bunch of lightweights. Razz Worry not.

PH

Posts: 14946 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will try to stay focused on the positives....

Thanks for the welcome.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Feb 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

This thread already has components of a dysfunctional family Thanksgiving, doesn't it?

Devilish

"What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the red wine of Shiraz into urine?" -Isak Dinesen

Posts: 1274 | Location: Chico, CA | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other words of advice:
1) Don't use the word "brooding" in your tasting notes;
2) Don't have your first 100 posts in the Buying and Selling section; and
3) Don't admit that you are an Obama fan

Big Grin

Posts: 5078 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
Other words of advice:
1) Don't use the word "brooding" in your tasting notes;
2) Don't have your first 100 posts in the Buying and Selling section; and
3) Don't admit that you are an Obama fan

Big Grin

Good advice but I'm w g-man - a little douchebaggery from time to time adds to the charm.

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2569 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread makes me want to introduce myself as well... I suck at tasting notes, won't post to buying/selling section, and also qualify with that third one... Atlanta is my home, and not too many offlines sadly that I can find, but I'll be watching! You guys are cracking me up.

I have been reading this forum for a bit, and always come back for more. I too look forward to learning from you!

Waste not your hour, nor in the vain pursuit
Of this and that endeavour and dispute;
Better be jocund with the fruitful grape
Than sadden after none, or bitter, fruit.
- Omar Khayyam

Posts: 55 | Registered: Jan 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to another Torontonian.

Posts: 98 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome Jcamp. These boards are certainly entertaining and informative. Keep your eyes open on the Offline thread and don't hesitate to attend an event. The TWC are a very active group with lots to offer.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5590 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So true, my friend, so true.

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6527 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jcamp. I am a " Newby" too. Everyone try not to eat us alive! Be gentle you were all once here too. I have heard and learned so much the past few months coming in and out of the forums. I couldn't stay away any longer.. I plan on listening/ learning and contributing whenever I can.

Posts: 48 | Location: Clearlake Oaks, Ca | Registered: Feb 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Devilish

Posts: 167 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: Jan 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robo Porker:
Devilish

the one with RMP? Spit

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6248 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Devilish

Wink Winner

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6527 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wink, not so fast.