WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Dec 21st: Wine for the end of the world
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dec 21st: Wine for the end of the world
 Login/Join 
posted
I'd drink every last bottle of my fonseca collection starting the weekend before to ensure i'll have enough alcohol in my system to start a large forest fire.

Edited to reflect the correct date ;-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: g-man,

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 10916 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah . . . you'll be a day late, if you wait for the 22nd. Just sayin.

Posts: 1528 | Location: STL | Registered: Dec 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it ended Nov 6th? LOL

Posts: 4939 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been toying with this too. I have a couple of "end of the world" parties I'm looking forward to, and will pop something a little nicer for the occasion. Contenders:
2001 Mondavi Reserve Magnum
'75 BdM (can't remember producer at the moment)
'86 Talbot (probably this one)
I'll eye an '02 Grange, but will most likely hold for the next "end of world" event. LOL

-IB

"Wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit."---Lindsay Bluth

Posts: 8848 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be too busy stockpiling weapons and ammo in the hope that I survive the initial apocalypse.

Posts: 6275 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it the end of the world again?

Confused

First we have the best vintage of the century every couple of years, then the world ends every other year! Makes you want to drink.

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2462 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the Mayans also arrange that the date is a Friday so that we can drink a lot of wine and have Saturday to get over it?

Oh wait.....

Posts: 139 | Location: Near NW of Chicago IL | Registered: Jun 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if they cleared it with Harold Camping first?

May you never go to hell, but always be on your way.

Posts: 6592 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
World ending in 2012 was all the rage for years. Now that we are here hardly a peep except for on a wine board from some dude with a port issue. LOL

Posts: 8506 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crap, I drank all my good wines for Y2K. Confused

Posts: 2367 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
I'd drink every last bottle of my fonseca collection starting the weekend before to ensure i'll have enough alcohol in my system to start a large forest fire.

Edited to reflect the correct date ;-)

whatever I can get my hands on. To be clear, that is everyday, so that day will be no different Smile

Posts: 57 | Location: Traverse City | Registered: Oct 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
December 21st is coming up quick! Should I start decanting my '05's & '09's now?! Wink

If this was REALLY going to happen, I imagine that I would liquidate some assets (who's buying?!) for a '59 Lafite & a '61 Petrus that's for sale at a LWS. I think the owner is asking ($8,000) for the Petrus.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
December 21st is coming up quick! Should I start decanting my '05's & '09's now?! Wink

If this was REALLY going to happen, I imagine that I would liquidate some assets (who's buying?!) for a '59 Lafite & a '61 Petrus that's for sale at a LWS. I think the owner is asking ($8,000) for the Petrus.

if it were to REALLY happen, I'd just loot the LWS

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 10916 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like your style. Cool

Posts: 1277 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:

I like your style. Cool

shall we meet up at the cellars of screagle say 12:21am on dec 21st? You bring the glassware, I'll grab some cheeses ;-)

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

posted Hide Post
I'm flying that day. Should prove interesting Banana

Posts: 219 | Location: Upper Canada | Registered: Feb 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
End of the world? Like there should be any discussion. https://truebottle.com/index.h...vant+tache+echezeaux

Posts: 45 | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick - if you're flying and the world ends, where will you land? Will the world still be under you or does it go away?

Matter of fact, if it stays, does the world stop turning on its axis too? Does everything just stop?

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2462 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny GregT, but some legit points you make.

Posts: 45 | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:
Patrick - if you're flying and the world ends, where will you land? Will the world still be under you or does it go away?

Matter of fact, if it stays, does the world stop turning on its axis too? Does everything just stop?

he'll see some Christians floating up through his plane window

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)