WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    WAITING FOR BORDO: a short play
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WAITING FOR BORDO: a short play
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hey Seaq,
Wanna borrow my name and password Wink ?
No charge for your anniversary - 1 time only deal Wink

Well behaved women rarely make history

Posts: 2752 | Location: Kelowna, BC | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be traveling to Seattle a good bit in the coming months - it'd be nice to get the PNW winos together sometime in the near future.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear. "
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787

Posts: 3848 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: Nov 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mishy, I don't think SeaQ wants your password. Unlike you, he writes his own material.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36743 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for ressurecting this VM, I had forgotten all about it (although I'm not certain I was even here when it was initially written).

Personally, I think the casting should be:

Board-O: Gene Hackman
Jones: Daniel Day Lewis
Mishy: Holly Hunter

Personally, I'm expecting Seaquam to go back and provide us with "Mishy and Jones are Dead" (Scene opens with the flipping of a coin...) or something of that nature...you know, Stoppard-esque.

Or else he could write, "The Importance of Being Pyang"

a

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7512 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who is Mishy and who is JonesMalts#1? Even if they had some influence around here in the past, their presence in the forthcoming play is irrelevant... unless Seaquam chooses to use their portraits as props in the misenscene. I would not mind seeing a mildly militaristic parade as an opening scene, with characters marching, feet out of sinck, saluting the portraits with one of their fingers extended...

Personally, I'd prefer a play about cowboys, wine bars and samurais, set in El Paso in 2025. Can you dig it?

Posts: 304 | Location: on assignment | Registered: Jun 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd pick Roseanne instead of Holly Hunter.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36743 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Board-O

Will it EVER end?...
Roll Eyes Wink

Canadian weather?
Nine months of hockey and three months of bad ice.

Posts: 2242 | Location: Vanc. Island, B.C. Canada | Registered: Dec 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Seaquam,

If you had to recast this masterpeice for 2005 who would you use in place of Mishy and Jones? I think Bella would be a shoe in but... ya never know.

Posts: 8660 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez, and I haven't even left stage right yet.......
I suddenly feel like Annette Benning in 'Being Julia'. Big Grin

Well behaved women rarely make history

Posts: 2752 | Location: Kelowna, BC | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping that SeaQ returns to update this classic post, and that any subsequent posts remain civil. Please....

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10623 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mishy:
Geez, and I haven't even left stage right yet.......
I suddenly feel like Annette Benning in 'Being Julia'. Big Grin

Hey, our favorite plagiarist is back. The comparison with Annette Benning is priceless. Big Grin

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
Here's hoping that SeaQ returns to update this classic post, and that any subsequent posts remain civil. Please....

Among your many wonderful attributes, bman, is your ceaseless optimism! Big Grin

And what a surprise to see this thread resurrected again. "It's not dead... it's sleepin'!" Smile

Cheers!

Posts: 8321 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see all these oldtimers.

Only death is free, and even that costs you your life

Posts: 1905 | Registered: Apr 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember another Seaquam gem where he posted snippets from many members.

I seem to recall his quote of good old GA mentioning that someone should be kicked in the face! Cool

If I could remember the title, I'd drag it up. Another good read and a piece of forum history.

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, this is like ancient history...

Posts: 6433 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite so, Rothko. It is an elegant reminder of a more civilized time. In comparison, blasters are crude, inaccurate and loud affairs.

quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
I remember another Seaquam gem where he posted snippets from many members.

I seem to recall his quote of good old GA mentioning that someone should be kicked in the face! Cool

If I could remember the title, I'd drag it up. Another good read and a piece of forum history.

I believe you are refering to THIS post, GA. I'd forgotten about that. Looking at the date, it was 3½ years ago, a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, in cyberspace terms.

I have no idea what prompted me to post that in the "Dining and Cooking" forum, but for some reason it seemed to make sense way back then. It sure doesn't now.

Cheers!

Posts: 8321 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 1478 | Location: Lincoln NE | Registered: Jul 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jnastynebr:
Bump

jnasty,

thank you. Sequam's post is absolutely hysterical, and there's no freakin' way I would have found this moldy thread without you! Big Grin

Posts: 1848 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow an inside look at the elite forumites secret
society...Yawn..
OH NO I HEAR THE ALARM!!
WARNING: YOU MUST HAVE 2000 POST OR MORE TO RESPOND TO THIS THREAD..

Sorry gotta go.

"A bottle of wine contains more advice then any self help book in the world"

Posts: 1032 | Location: Around Boston | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by winegirl58:
society...Yawn..
OH NO I HEAR THE ALARM!!

Sorry gotta go.
Most people just say "bump"...

Posts: 6423 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

Most people just say "bump"...

Big Grin

Posts: 30012 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
society...Yawn..
OH NO I HEAR THE ALARM!!

At the last meeting of the Forumites Secret Society I moved a motion (graciously seconded by Serge Birbrair) to lower the threshhold to 500 posts. So you're good. Smile

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10623 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Serge has since recanted, and feels that is should be 1000 posts or more.

Posts: 1478 | Location: Lincoln NE | Registered: Jul 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last dive for the day. Big Grin

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

posted Hide Post
I've always loved this thread. Thanks for the dive!

Posts: 483 | Location: Nashville,TN | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post