WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    WAITING FOR BORDO: a short play
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WAITING FOR BORDO: a short play
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Seaquam,

I am presently attempting to give you more 'usable' quotes for the Lucifer installment.

I hope there's plenty of fire and brimstone [Big Grin]

Feel free to use my Catholic faith as a reference point, I can confess about mocking the devil on Sunday.

Cheers,
Mishy

Posts: 2751 | Location: Kelowna, BC | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Mishy.

I so much prefer to use your own words when I quote you, rather than having to make them up as I was taught to do in Journalism School. [Smile]

Posts: 8307 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JONES:

The spotlight.

The glitter.

The glamour.

The fame.

The fortune.

The joie de vivre.

The Champagne.

The limousines.

The black-on-black '66 Coupes.

The scream of the crowd.

The adulation.

The recognition.

The movie rights, Jones. The MOVIE RIGHTS!

Even the bull****.

Can you really walk away from it all?

Honestly, I hope not.

Posts: 8307 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seaquam- This is the first time I've seen this. I didn't realize that this feud had been going on this long. Or that VinoMe(Ronmc) was being used in other threads. I thought it was a new thread.

It's nice to see that classic literature is timeless.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Mammoth, Calif | Registered: Apr 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." - Jules de Gaultier

Seaquam has used a howitzer against the absurdity that is flame wars on Internet forums.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Fredericksburg, TX | Registered: May 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Oh, the tangled web thoust cannot keep your fangs devoid of wrap thyself within."

Posts: 2214 | Registered: Nov 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, ronmc, it's old, old news. If I'm not mistaken, it precedes the advent of this latest forum format for two of the principals. I do enjoy savoring their words once I've removed them just slightly from their correct context, however. [Smile]

Lilac, I think it was no more than a mere firecracker, overlooked entirely in the wake of the latest devastation.

I'm going to go wrap myself up in my favorite tangled web and get a good night's sleep.

[Cool]

posted Hide Post
I never saw this before either. What a riot. It's sad that we won't get to see our pal Jones here anymore.

Posts: 3233 | Registered: Dec 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seaq-- This was a masterpiece. Grazie!

For those of you who remember When the three 'players' all posted here, have fun reading Seaq's initial post to this thread (again).

www.vinocellar.com -- Mm-Mm-good

posted Hide Post
Maybe vinocellar, home of Bordo and Jones, could lure Mishy over from the Squires board to be a Wine Guest. Big Grin Eek Big Grin

Posts: 988 | Location: NYC | Registered: Jan 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha ha, bravo Sequam!

As for actors - this is far too surrealistic to be casted with action heroes, like Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis and the like, IMHO.

Board-O - Allan Rickman

Jones - John Malcovich

Mishy - well no idea really...

Man, I have too much time on my hands.

Posts: 1462 | Location: Sydney, NSW, Oz | Registered: Jun 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reviving this thread, Thomas. What a hoot!

Posts: 3973 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it sure was great, but I never noticed the date the original was posted. What's this reviving thingie?

Posts: 1462 | Location: Sydney, NSW, Oz | Registered: Jun 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually it isn't sad that Jones doesn't live here any more. Double negative -- just like him and those of his ilk.

Cheers!
And remember: Life's too short to drink bad wine.

Posts: 4425 | Location: New Orleans | Registered: Oct 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Markus Randall:
Well, it sure was great, but I never noticed the date the original was posted. What's this reviving thingie?

Markus-- 'Reviving' is what I like to call 'dumpster diving'. When I feel like digging around the older forum threads, I can usually find something interesting to dig back up and, with my posting to the thread, it moves it to the top of the thread list and thus others will then see it. Wink

www.vinocellar.com -- Mm-Mm-good

posted Hide Post
Hmm, Thomas, that's original! Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Markus Randall:
I never noticed the date the original was posted.

April 2002.

Posts: 3973 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes... the good old days. I remember them well. I was just a young boy then, about to taste my first glass of the magical elixir called wine... Roll Eyes

Seriously, think what you will of them, those three "stars" brought a lot of life, humor and excitement to these forums, not to mention wine knowledge. Losing two of them did not make this a better place, only a quieter one.

I [virtually] miss a number of participants who have drifted off into other reaches of cyberspace. C'est la vie.

-----------------------------

Cheers.

posted Hide Post
Seaquam,
Too funny - redux !!
Thanks for the memories Razz
Cheers,
Mishy

THE REAL MISHY

Posts: 2751 | Location: Kelowna, BC | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The rattling chains really did wake the ghosts in the attic!

Nice to see your font around here again, Mishy. We've kept the door open for you. Take off your shoes and set a spell, why doncha?

-----------------------------

Cheers.

posted Hide Post
I second the motion! Nice to hear from you again, your Mishtress! Cool Wink

snow sucks.......

Posts: 10604 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Razz Razz Razz Wink Wink Cool Big Grin Cool Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 2059 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Jan 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Seaquam within 100 posts of the 3000 milestone, I have been emailing him with anticipation asking what to expect. He has assured me that "Post 3000" will exceed his qustionaire in his 1000th Post(which was quite funny in its own right).

But it could never surpass this metaphysical absurdist play, could it? Seaquam says it is a lock.

Waiting in anticipation.

I remain,

VM

Posts: 12166 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I wasn't here for this one -- one of the best posts I've ever read.

-----------------------
Je ne peux pas penser à une signature intelligente

Posts: 3110 | Location: ATL, GA | Registered: Jan 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seaquam posts are uniquely surreal - and funny as hell. Big Grin

Posts: 5244 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jun 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post