WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    November 2012: What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November 2012: What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theweb:

2001 d'Yquem 375x12
1999 Philipponnat Clos des Goisses
1990 Moet Chandon Dom Perignon
1997 Diamond Creek Volcanic Hill

I knew there were reasons I liked you so much. Very very well done. Winner

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2372 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Le cadeau Cote Est 2005 & 2006
Chateau d'Aiguilhe 2001

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1539 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'08 Insignia at $105 per (Binny's Chicago), which I thought was a great price

Posts: 854 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by theweb:

2001 d'Yquem 375x12
1999 Philipponnat Clos des Goisses
1990 Moet Chandon Dom Perignon
1997 Diamond Creek Volcanic Hill

I knew there were reasons I liked you so much. Very very well done. Winner

You played a role in the 2001 d'Yquem Smile

Posts: 2273 | Location: Brights Grove Ontario | Registered: Jun 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
2009 Ch. Senejac

Where'd ya find it? How many did you get?

Stumbled upon 3 bottles at the Queen's Quay store and picked them all up. Must have been a return...

Posts: 787 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found three at a store in Burlington that had been set aside for a different customer. When they failed to pick them up after five days, the PC let me have them.

But check out inventories this morning - 5 new cases at Weston road, another case in Mississauga...where have these been hiding for the last few weeks?

Nicos - if you're reading this - how does this happen??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VinT,

Posts: 2681 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 FERRER BOBET VIEILLES VIGNES PRIORAT

Posts: 15384 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:

You should have gotten the Vinyes Velles. LOL

You'll love it.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36745 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Domaine du Pégaü CdP Cuvée Réservée

Posts: 15384 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:

You should have gotten the Vinyes Velles. LOL

You'll love it.

Big Grin SAQ copy/paste

Purchased based upon the TNs of you & IW. Wink
Plan to put in the offsite for 3-5 yrs & chk out.

posted Hide Post
2008 FERRER BOBET VIEILLES VIGNES PRIORAT(at 10% off) Banana
2009 pegau reservee

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6548 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
2008 FERRER BOBET VIEILLES VIGNES PRIORAT(at 10% off) Banana

Did you purchase these previously, mim? As in the previous 10% sale or the upcoming one? There's now only 3 left in Mtl

posted Hide Post
The upcomingWink

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

Posts: 6548 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3x 2009 Clos Saint Jean Cdp.

Posts: 9380 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Ken Wright Pinot Noir Freedom Hill Vineyard - a closeout at Binny's for $19.99.

Posts: 5374 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The upcoming

Unless they've pulled them from the system (which usually does not happen until the sale is completed) you might want to ensure that you're getting the number you want Wink

posted Hide Post
2005 Terredora, Taurasi, Pago Dei Fusi
2000 Paolo Scavino, Barolo, Carobric
2009 Jean-Marc Brocard, Chablis, Vaulorent 1e Cru
2009 Jean-Marc Brocard, Chablis, Montee de Tonnerre, 1e Cru
2006 Bollig-Lehnert, Riesling, Piesporter Goldtropfchen Beerenauslese
2009 Reinhold Haart, Riesling, Piesporter Goldtropfchen Spatlese
2010 Max Ferdinand Richter, Riesling, Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese
NV Nathalie Falmet, Champagne, Brut
2008 Zind-Humbrecht, Pinot Gris, Heimbourg, SGN
2009 Barmes Buecher, Gewurztraminer, Herrenweg
2010 Evening Land, Pinot Noir
2010 Domaine de la Mordoree, Lirac, La Dame Rousse

Posts: 10009 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
2008 Zind-Humbrecht, Pinot Gris, Heimbourg, SGN

If it's anything like his Clos Windsbuhl SGN, you've got a potential WOTY there. Congratulations on a great pickup.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36745 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The upcoming

Unless they've pulled them from the system (which usually does not happen until the sale is completed) you might want to ensure that you're getting the number you want Wink

Oh they were pulled from the system. I guess it's good to know of some friends at the signature Cool

posted Hide Post
Picked up a few odds and ends pizza and pasta type of wines:

1 x 2010 Bastianich Colli Orientali del Friuli Friulano "Adriatico"
1 x 2006 Capezzana Carmignano Conte Contini Bonacossi
1 x 2008 Monte Antico Toscana IGT
1 x 2009 Badia a Coltibuono Chianti Classico
1 x 2007 Querciavalle Chianti Classico
1 x 2011 Allegrini Valpolicella

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13447 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4 x 2008 Ferrer-Bobet Priorat
1 x 2000 Domaine de la Charbonniere, Chateauneuf du Pape les Hautes Brusquieres Cuvee Speciale

Posts: 2541 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Pora
Bollinger Special Cuvee Magnum

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 705 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle John:
Bollinger Special Cuvee Magnum

Well done, John.
Seems that Mtl brought down some of the Qc City stash

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
The upcoming

Oh they were pulled from the system. I guess it's good to know of some friends at the signature Cool

Actually, there is some good "conseiller" out there that will pull out of the system your reservations. I know two of them, which is quite helpfull sometimes Wink

dzitt

Posts: 819 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 x 2001 Chateau gazin

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5613 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post