WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    November 2012: What are you buying?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
November 2012: What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
As my wife has indicated that she would like to explore Burgundy (thanks to a book she is reading, bought while on vacation) she wanted to start with Meursault, so I bought some:
2008 Pierre Boisson Meursault
 
Posts: 2542 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
12 x 2010 Vieux Donjon- willing to sell or trade if people interested.


Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
 
Posts: 5661 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
As my wife has indicated that she would like to explore Burgundy (thanks to a book she is reading, bought while on vacation) she wanted to start with Meursault, so I bought some:
2008 Pierre Boisson Meursault


Are you sure she meant explore *the wines of* Burgundy, rather than Burgundy itself????


"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton
 
Posts: 3463 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2007 Dunn Howell Mountain Cabernet.
 
Posts: 9404 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2009 Ch de Beauregard Fleurie Climat Colonies des Rochegres
 
Posts: 1821 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2001 Paloma Cabernet
 
Posts: 485 | Location: Morgan Hill, CA | Registered: Jun 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2011 Vincent Paris St-Joseph
2010 Dominique Piron Chiroubles

Juste picked up 3 bottles of 2009 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Cuvee 150 ans

dzitt



__________________________
www.facebook.com/dansmonverre
 
Posts: 841 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Over the past few days...

2 x 1994 Petrolo Galatrona
2 x 1999 Poggio Scalette Piantonaia
3 x 1998 Bruno Giacosa Rocche del Falletto
1 x 1998 Bruno Giacosa Falletto di Serralunga
1 x 1995 Azelia Bricco Fiasco
1 x 1996 Azelia San Rocco
4 x 1999 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
2 x 2006 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
4 x 2007 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
2 x 2006 Pian dell'Orino
 
Posts: 5089 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
Over the past few days...

2 x 1994 Petrolo Galatrona
2 x 1999 Poggio Scalette Piantonaia
3 x 1998 Bruno Giacosa Rocche del Falletto
1 x 1998 Bruno Giacosa Falletto di Serralunga
1 x 1995 Azelia Bricco Fiasco
1 x 1996 Azelia San Rocco
4 x 1999 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
2 x 2006 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
4 x 2007 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
2 x 2006 Pian dell'Orino


Very nice!
 
Posts: 1821 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
1993 Il Carbonaione x 1. Haven't seen one of these in the marketplace for years! Winner

PH
 
Posts: 15030 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
Over the past few days...

2 x 1994 Petrolo Galatrona
2 x 1999 Poggio Scalette Piantonaia
3 x 1998 Bruno Giacosa Rocche del Falletto
1 x 1998 Bruno Giacosa Falletto di Serralunga
1 x 1995 Azelia Bricco Fiasco
1 x 1996 Azelia San Rocco
4 x 1999 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
2 x 2006 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
4 x 2007 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
2 x 2006 Pian dell'Orino


Nice haul. Are you over on the other side of the pond again?
 
Posts: 1112 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
Over the past few days...

2 x 1994 Petrolo Galatrona
2 x 1999 Poggio Scalette Piantonaia
3 x 1998 Bruno Giacosa Rocche del Falletto
1 x 1998 Bruno Giacosa Falletto di Serralunga
1 x 1995 Azelia Bricco Fiasco
1 x 1996 Azelia San Rocco
4 x 1999 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
2 x 2006 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
4 x 2007 Castello dei Rampolla d'Alceo
2 x 2006 Pian dell'Orino


Nice haul. Are you over on the other side of the pond again?

Indeed I am. Banana
 
Posts: 5089 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
A pair of big bottles today:

1 x 2009 Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon Grand Reserve Jackson Estates Grown (3L) @ $90
1 x 2010 Veramonte Primus (3L) @ $63

VM
 
Posts: 12208 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Last week, a mixed 6-pack of Gruner V. transiting through Austria, and a couple of German Rieslings
2005 Banfi BdM
2005 fontanafredda barolo
And also took delivery of...
2 x 2001 Casanova di neri BdM
My first experience with eBay.it and the bottles are very likely fake. At the time, I figured the purchase was a bit of a write off, as I didn't think the postal system would actually deliver, but lo and behold, they arrived. The bottles were inexpensive and there was no designation of cerralto or tenuta nuova, but I have seen other bottlings for the domestic market here that vary from exports. I emailed the lot nos. to the winery and will wait to see if they respond.
 
Posts: 1068 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
12 x 2010 Vieux Donjon- willing to sell or trade if people interested.


Didn't like them or just too many for the cellar?

I might be interested in a couple/few.


Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.
 
Posts: 2289 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2006 Etude Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville
2007 Tua Rita Perlato del Bosco
2009 DuMOL Syrah Eddie's Patch
2006 Andrea Oberto Barolo Vigneto Brunate
2009 Saffredi
2009 Tenuta dell'Ornellaia Le Serre Nuove
2009 Insignia
2004 Casanova di Neri BdM White Label

Officially done for the year... haha
 
Posts: 214 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
A pair of big bottles today:

1 x 2009 Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon Grand Reserve Jackson Estates Grown (3L) @ $90
1 x 2010 Veramonte Primus (3L) @ $63

VM


I think you overpaid.

PH

Banana

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PurpleHaze,
 
Posts: 15030 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didn't like them or just too many for the cellar?

Based on TN's and the fact that '10 CdP are so highly touted I bought a case/ These are very cellarable and I thought I'd buy enough for the long run. However, if any TWC are interested, I thought I'd offer some up for those not available to score any at their local LCBO. i will not open these for approximately 10 years
I kept the recepit just in case.


Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
 
Posts: 5661 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
6) 2006 Querce Bettina BdM Riserva
6) 2004 Col d'Orcia Poggio al Vento BdM Riserva
 
Posts: 2175 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Bought some 2001/04 Camartina at a local enoteca in Greve that was offering them at a 30% discount (paid 63 Euro).

This shop also offered me some 1999 Fanti (San Filippo) Brunello at 44 Euro. I know Suckling gave that vintage a very high score, but that was when they changed away from the traditional style - and I'm not sure I trust his scoring. Anyone care to offer their thoughts?
 
Posts: 5089 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
Last week, a mixed 6-pack of Gruner V. transiting through Austria, and a couple of German Rieslings
2005 Banfi BdM
2005 fontanafredda barolo
And also took delivery of...
2 x 2001 Casanova di neri BdM
My first experience with eBay.it and the bottles are very likely fake. At the time, I figured the purchase was a bit of a write off, as I didn't think the postal system would actually deliver, but lo and behold, they arrived. The bottles were inexpensive and there was no designation of cerralto or tenuta nuova, but I have seen other bottlings for the domestic market here that vary from exports. I emailed the lot nos. to the winery and will wait to see if they respond.

Sr. Neri emailed me back. The bottles are legit.
 
Posts: 1068 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
6 x 2010 Pellegrino passito
6 x 2011 Pellegrino moscato
 
Posts: 1068 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
A pair of big bottles today:

1 x 2009 Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon Grand Reserve Jackson Estates Grown (3L) @ $90
1 x 2010 Veramonte Primus (3L) @ $63

VM


I think you overpaid.

PH


I do hate to pay full price. These were Costco purchases and I wanted a few extra 3L bottles in the cellar for decoration so I didn't mind so much. Both of these wines did get 90 points from the WA.

VM
 
Posts: 12208 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
As my wife has indicated that she would like to explore Burgundy (thanks to a book she is reading, bought while on vacation) she wanted to start with Meursault, so I bought some:
2008 Pierre Boisson Meursault


Great time to get into Burgundy with prices reaching record highs. Prepare to max out your credit cards.

VM
 
Posts: 12208 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
As my wife has indicated that she would like to explore Burgundy (thanks to a book she is reading, bought while on vacation) she wanted to start with Meursault, so I bought some:
2008 Pierre Boisson Meursault


Great time to get into Burgundy with prices reaching record highs. Prepare to max out your credit cards.

VM
There are still plenty of great wines at good prices in Burgundy. You just have to look at little harder than in the past.
 
Posts: 6443 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
 

WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    November 2012: What are you buying?

© Wine Spectator 2013