WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    November 2012: What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November 2012: What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted
A new cooling unit for the Vintage Keeper Frown . Mine baked out after nearly 14 years of faithful service.

BIG thanks and props to aav28 for stepping up and helping me make arrangements for the right replacement unit PDQ. Winner < 24 hours and bottles were back in their comfy cool bin locales. Smile

Posts: 1867 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Georges Descombes Morgon Vieilles Vignes

dzitt

Posts: 858 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Yquem

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6593 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1981 Lopez de Heredia Vina Tondonia Gran Reserva

Posts: 797 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
A new cooling unit for the Vintage Keeper Frown . Mine baked out after nearly 14 years of faithful service.

BIG thanks and props to aav28 for stepping up and helping me make arrangements for the right replacement unit PDQ. Winner < 24 hours and bottles were back in their comfy cool bin locales. Smile

14 years seems like a relatively long life - with a track record like that, it would be worthy of being considered as a replacement unit IMO. What make and model did you go with?

Posts: 322 | Registered: Sep 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I jumped on 3 2005 Quinault l'Enclos I saw go by in an offer.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3475 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1 more half of 2001 d'Yquem.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2400 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:

Go dude!

Did you get the owc this time?

Posts: 1867 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nevada slim:
quote:

14 years seems like a relatively long life - with a track record like that, it would be worthy of being considered as a replacement unit IMO. What make and model did you go with?

I kept the storage unit and racking, just replacing the cooling unit.

Original was a Vintage Keeper 044 MINI KOOL model AZMIN circa 1999. The replacement cooling unit is a Nuvo. Installation was fairly smooth.

I've kept in in the basement (relatively cool) and fairly full so it didn't have to work too hard. That may have helped make it last.

posted Hide Post
2008 Chappellet Prichard Hill Cabernet. A case for work.

Posts: 9434 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
2008 Chappellet Prichard Hill Cabernet. A case for work.
Crazy

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:

Go dude!

Did you get the owc this time?

Nah, there wasn't one this time. The one at the other store actually was from a diff vintage so I didn't miss anything

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2400 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Ch. Batailley

Posts: 797 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6-pack of 2010 Chapoutier Bila-Haut Cote du Roussillon Occultem Lapidem

Posts: 1628 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:

I read about this in the CdR thread under Tasting Notes. So I went out in search of the Bila-Haut. I found two different bottles though, one was Bila-Haut Occultem Lapidem and the other was just Bila-Haut Cote du Roussillon. I wonder which one Board-O and DoktaP were referring to? I ended up just picking up the Bil-Haut Cote du Roussillon.

Posts: 216 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:
quote:

I read about this in the CdR thread under Tasting Notes. So I went out in search of the Bila-Haut. I found two different bottles though, one was Bila-Haut Occultem Lapidem and the other was just Bila-Haut Cote du Roussillon. I wonder which one Board-O and DoktaP were referring to? I ended up just picking up the Bil-Haut Cote du Roussillon.
They are both really good for the money, but the Lapidem is better IMO.

Posts: 6480 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
2001 Yquem

I assume it is for tonight's offline Devilish

Posts: 996 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

Thanks! I will give that one a try as well. I think it was $15 for the normal Bila Haut and $25 for the Lapidem.

Posts: 216 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks! I will give that one a try as well. I think it was $15 for the normal Bila Haut and $25 for the Lapidem.
$11 and $19 in SoCal, but I would still buy both at your prices. Quality juice and while the Lapidem drinks well now, I think it could improve a little with age.

Posts: 6480 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
2001 Yquem

I assume it is for tonight's offline Devilish

Cool Looking forward to it, Mim!

Posts: 15489 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
$11 and $19 in SoCal, but I would still buy both at your prices. Quality juice and while the Lapidem drinks well now, I think it could improve a little with age.

It still blows my mind every time I compare Canadian and American pricing...

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It still blows my mind every time I compare Canadian and American pricing...

Sad times...

The QPR on the Bila-Haut label really is amazing.

Also...

2010 Beaucastel Rouge
2010 Usseglio Mon Aieul

Posts: 1628 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2x 2008 Dauvissat Vaillons Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat La Forest Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat Sechet Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissit Beauroy Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissit Les Clos Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat Montmains Chablis

Posts: 596 | Location: Dallas, TX.  | Registered: Jul 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The 291:
2x 2008 Dauvissat Vaillons Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat La Forest Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat Sechet Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissit Beauroy Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissit Les Clos Chablis
2x 2008 Dauvissat Montmains Chablis

Nice case!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The 291:
Dauvissat

Nice case!

Cool

Posts: 15489 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post