WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    POLL: Full or partial bottle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLL: Full or partial bottle?
 Login/Join 
posted
Fun poll of the day!

Question:
On average, when you open a bottle of wine, do you drink the entire bottle (company included) or partially drink and save for another day?

Choices:
Full bottle
Partial bottle

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BigTex22,

Posts: 54 | Registered: Jan 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my wife and I usually don't make it through a bottle just between the two of us. If we have people over then the bottle's always dry at the end of the night.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2499 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, I would say it's about 50-50, and depends heavily on my wife's mood, (and how well she likes what I've opened)

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3219 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No open bottle lasts at my place unless its for cooking.

Posts: 781 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
No open bottle lasts at my place unless its for cooking.

+1 Or Port

Posts: 3217 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full bottles.

My wife doesn't drink, so I will usually only open a bottle at hme when guests come over. But when they do, that bottle is going to be emptied...

Posts: 6557 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the time, when I'm opening a bottle, it's for myself. My wife doesn't drink a lot of the bottle and I'm good for about 2 glasses. Now, if company's over, then sure...bye bye probably to a few bottles at that.

Posts: 142 | Registered: Aug 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always a full bottle. I only open big wines with dinner usually on sunday and my roomate Steve makes sure the botttle is gone.

Posts: 9502 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It used to be solely full bottles (except sometimes dessert wines), but lately there are a few bottles that last on to day two or more.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1924 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to the first or second bottle? Devilish

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 3003 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will share half a bottle, then drink the rest the next day.

Wines that are good the first day will still be pretty good (but with a different profile obviously) the next day. Every now and then, a wine will be better the second day.

Posts: 35 | Location: Virginia, Seoul, Singapore | Registered: Feb 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
Are you referring to the first or second bottle? Devilish

This is appropriate for my house. I can't imagine having less than a full bottle if both my wife and I are drinking...that's 2 glasses each. We will go to a second bottle sometimes, too, but not finish that one.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually depends, lately it has been one glass for the gf and 3 glasses for me. Going to revert back to the days of 1 glass each, then finish the next day.

Posts: 218 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post