WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    POLL: Full or partial bottle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLL: Full or partial bottle?
 Login/Join 
posted
Fun poll of the day!

Question:
On average, when you open a bottle of wine, do you drink the entire bottle (company included) or partially drink and save for another day?

Choices:
Full bottle
Partial bottle

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BigTex22,

Posts: 54 | Registered: Jan 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my wife and I usually don't make it through a bottle just between the two of us. If we have people over then the bottle's always dry at the end of the night.

In Canada? Really? Duties in?

Posts: 1992 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, I would say it's about 50-50, and depends heavily on my wife's mood, (and how well she likes what I've opened)

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 2882 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No open bottle lasts at my place unless its for cooking.

Posts: 502 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
No open bottle lasts at my place unless its for cooking.

+1 Or Port

Posts: 3018 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full bottles.

My wife doesn't drink, so I will usually only open a bottle at hme when guests come over. But when they do, that bottle is going to be emptied...

Posts: 6285 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the time, when I'm opening a bottle, it's for myself. My wife doesn't drink a lot of the bottle and I'm good for about 2 glasses. Now, if company's over, then sure...bye bye probably to a few bottles at that.

Posts: 142 | Registered: Aug 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always a full bottle. I only open big wines with dinner usually on sunday and my roomate Steve makes sure the botttle is gone.

Posts: 9270 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It used to be solely full bottles (except sometimes dessert wines), but lately there are a few bottles that last on to day two or more.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1863 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to the first or second bottle? Devilish

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2823 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will share half a bottle, then drink the rest the next day.

Wines that are good the first day will still be pretty good (but with a different profile obviously) the next day. Every now and then, a wine will be better the second day.

Posts: 35 | Location: Virginia, Seoul, Singapore | Registered: Feb 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
Are you referring to the first or second bottle? Devilish

This is appropriate for my house. I can't imagine having less than a full bottle if both my wife and I are drinking...that's 2 glasses each. We will go to a second bottle sometimes, too, but not finish that one.

Posts: 2781 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually depends, lately it has been one glass for the gf and 3 glasses for me. Going to revert back to the days of 1 glass each, then finish the next day.

Posts: 203 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post