WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Best Albarino producers in Galicia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Albarino producers in Galicia
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi,

I am very excited to be organising a trip to Porto and then Galicia with some fellow wine lovers this summer.

Can anyone assist me as to the best wine producers to visit in Rias Baixas both in terms of their wine and their hospitality?

Many Thanks

Posts: 5 | Location: Bogota/ London | Registered: Oct 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been to Galicia but haven't visited any of the wineries there. I have two favorites that I feel are head and tails above all the others- Pazo Señorans and Fefinanes.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36982 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great. Those 2 are a great place to start. I will try and have a taste before leaving to see if i really like as well.

Any over commercial producers that i should avoid?? They will likely be more tourist friendly and suck me in when visiting out there.

Posts: 5 | Location: Bogota/ London | Registered: Oct 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unlike Board-0, I haven't visited Galicia but I've found quite a range of Albariños - some were decidedly ordinary, but others were really exceptional. One that I've enjoyed a lot of is Bodegas Terras Gauda Albariño Rias Baixas O Rosal. Like many of these wines, it was an excellent value at under $20.

Posts: 5180 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post