WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 167
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
...drank a lot of Negra Modelo and a few Pacificos.

Cool

I'm heading to Puerto Vallarta in a couple months. I hear an ex-pat just opened a brewpub down there and is getting good reviews.

The Baja Brewing Company was opened by three Colorado ex-pats in Los Cabos.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never been to Cabo; one of these days.
This place is called Los Muertos Brewing.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6816 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My fiance is a huge fan of Day of the Dead art and decorations. We actually went to Janitzio island outside of Patzcuaro on Dia de los Muertos in 2010. She hates beer, but I'm guessing I'll be pushed to see how we can get some of the Los Muertos product up here. I'll peruse their web site in depth later. Thanks for the link!

Posts: 5490 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ennis & Dunn oak aged, spiced rum finished. I tried a bottle with hearty beef stew. Ok but not great. I'd stick with their regular beers, which are quite good. This one definitely wasn't worth the premium price.

Posts: 1923 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday with lunch, all on draught:

* Deep Ellum Pollenator
* Revolver Mothers Little Fracker
* Southern Star Buried Hatchet

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13594 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tripel Karmeliet (Belgium). Strong & Fruity

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 2010 Troeggs Mad Elf... Verging on the Ridiculous. Two years has mellowed the hops and allowed the cherry flavor to shine on the finish.

Posts: 95 | Location: South Central (Pa) | Registered: Aug 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6375 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had some Three Floyds Lager today which was pretty nice. Never heard of them before, but I guess they are a big deal. (I'm not a big beer drinker).

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3488 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
I had some Three Floyds Lager.
Never heard of them before.

Eek

Posts: 5490 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Lost Abbey Witch's Wit

Russian River Brewing Co. Damnation

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duvel.

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2760 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goose Island Night Stalker.

11.2%

Posts: 926 | Location: SW CT | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beau's Nightmarzen Oktoberfest Lager - outstanding

Posts: 129 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: May 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the last few days

Rochefort 10 (WOWOWOWOW, if you got shut out of the Westvleteren allocation, this is really damn close)
Duchesse de Bourgogne (always tasty, but this was less sweet than I remember it being)

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2952 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All on draught before the theater:

Ballast Point Big Eye IPA - Wonderful
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA - Wonderfuler

Both the Pallast Point IPAs are world class stuff. If you're a fan of well hopped ale, these are a must try!

No-Li Born and Raised IPA - Very good, but not on the same level as the BP brews.

The combination of 3 pints of high test IPA helped make a lousy show a bit more enjoyable.....

PH

Posts: 15215 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:

Rochefort 10 (WOWOWOWOW, if you got shut out of the Westvleteren allocation, this is really damn close)

Rochefort 10 is indeed world class, but you will be put on double secret probation if you ever again mention this beer along with Westvleteren in the same post. Razz

Westvleteren is in a league that has only one team.

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that Westvleteren is better, but for 1/5 the retail price it's a good effort.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2952 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
I agree that Westvleteren is considerably better, but for 1/5 the retail price it's a good effort.

Remember, never consider price whatsoever in what is better. That is a value discussion. Wink

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Lost Abbey Mayan Apocalypse

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pliny the Elder.

Posts: 1676 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magic Hat 9 with a burger last night

Posts: 5989 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two Brothers Ebel's Weiss.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
The Lost Abbey Mayan Apocalypse

Love their beer. I have never seen this one.