WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 167
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My beers"

Sixpoint : RESIN (IPA)
Qscar Blues Ten Fiddy (Stout)
Founders: Breakfast Stout
GreenFlash: Double Stout
Sierra Nevada: Hoptium

Posts: 10 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: Nov 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday with lunch, all on draught:

* Harpoon Winter Warmer (good)
* Brooklyn Post Road Pumpkin (OK)
* Sierra Nevada Narwhal (good)

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13585 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Schell's Snowstorm.

Posts: 9446 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On tap at the Two Brothers Tap House:

Ebel's Weiss
Revelry Imperial Red Ale

Posts: 5488 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday at the Golden Road Brewery, tried their:
Burning Bush Smoked IPA, and
Get Up Offa That Brown

Tonight having the Lightning Brewery american amber ale

Posts: 283 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a flight back to Seattle from Medford, OR: Ninkasi Brewing Oatis Oatmeal Stout (Eugene, OR). Pretty good, actually. The best part is that it was free (gotta love the regional Horizon Air flights!) and nobody was really drinking it, so I had three refills. Cool

Cheers!

Posts: 2906 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
Boneyard RPM

Very good IPA from Bend, OR.

I had some of this on Saturday, at the Whiskey Bar. Very nice stuff.

Nice - it's gone from the couple of places that had it already. Frown The Whiskey Bar: is this the place on 2nd in Belltown? What did you think? I haven't been there yet.

Cheers!

Posts: 2906 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Green Flash IPA
Magic Hat 9
Yuengling

Way too many pitchers of Miller Lite while watching the Florida/FSU game

Posts: 5982 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
On a flight back to Seattle from Medford, OR: Ninkasi Brewing Oatis Oatmeal Stout (Eugene, OR). Pretty good, actually. The best part is that it was free (gotta love the regional Horizon Air flights!) and nobody was really drinking it, so I had three refills. Cool

Flew Horizon a couple years ago and enjoyed it greatly - for the same reason!

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1947 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
pitchers of Miller Lite

Ack
Smile

Posts: 5488 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately - it was a case of volume over quality

Posts: 5982 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Boneyard RPM

Very good IPA from Bend, OR.

I had some of this on Saturday, at the Whiskey Bar. Very nice stuff.

Nice - it's gone from the couple of places that had it already. Frown The Whiskey Bar: is this the place on 2nd in Belltown? What did you think? I haven't been there yet.

Yes. They moved a couple blocks north of the old place. I don't think the new location has nearly as much charactor (pretty generic), but the beer/ale is well chosen, and whiskey selections are probably second only to Canon. Or Hopscotch, if that place is still around.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6816 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar.

What beer should be.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2394 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MGD

...slummin' it tonight Cool

Posts: 1581 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Bigfoot wrote

quote:
New Glarus Spotted Cow

One of my favorite beers.

Have you tried their Moon Man or Laughing Fox? Both excellent.

"Spotted Cow" is hands down, one of the best domestic beers I have ever tasted. It's incredible stuff, and I put it up there with "Pliny the Elder/ Younger" & Dogfish Head "90 Minute IPA."

I wish they'd ship to Cali, as I only get to have it when I visit Milwaukee.

Posts: 1581 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Bigfoot wrote

quote:
New Glarus Spotted Cow

One of my favorite beers.

Have you tried their Moon Man or Laughing Fox? Both excellent.

"Spotted Cow" is hands down, one of the best domestic beers I have ever tasted. It's incredible stuff, and I put it up there with "Pliny the Elder/ Younger" & Dogfish Head "90 Minute IPA."

I wish they'd ship to Cali, as I only get to have it when I visit Milwaukee.

I think we have the makings of a solid prisoner-exchange program: New Glarus for Pliny. heard great things - have never had the opportunity to try their beers...

In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!

Posts: 1115 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think we have the makings of a solid prisoner-exchange program: New Glarus for Pliny. heard great things - have never had the opportunity to try their beers...

Pliny's not exactly readily available in my neck of the woods, either! I'll occasionally see it at some higher end grocery stores (like Whole Foods), and there's a couple places that have it on tap.

But, absolutely...I'm up for a (1) for (1) swap!

posted Hide Post
Was able to order the Sam Adams Octoberfest beer at The Yardhouse in Palm Beach Gardens. They still had it on tap. Quite yummy.

Posts: 6481 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, also had a Bud Platinum this weekend as well, at the Tiki Waterfront, at the Riviera Beach marina.

Not bad. Alcohol level is 6%.

Posts: 6481 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:

Pliny's not exactly readily available in my neck of the woods, either! I'll occasionally see it at some higher end grocery stores (like Whole Foods), and there's a couple places that have it on tap.

But, absolutely...I'm up for a (1) for (1) swap!

What is it about Pliny the Elder? Never had it, but recently there was a local beer/wine shop that was sponsoring a lottery-type drawing for the opportunity to purchase a bottle. Confused

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6816 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kozel Czech Lager
Bitburger Premium (Germany)

Posts: 2822 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Netherworld Cascadian Dark Ale

Posts: 1300 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
La trappe isid'or

Posts: 1137 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Innis and Gunn...
Specifically the rum-barrel aged beer...

I'm sorry, the winery says that's an allocated item!

Posts: 1048 | Location: Nanuet, Rockland County, New York.... just north of NYC | Registered: Feb 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday for lunch, all on draft:

* Ska Euphoria (good)
* Left coast Hop Juice (good)
* Fullers Bengal Lancer IPA (good, maybe very good)

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13585 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post