WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 172
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A friend got some in a trade and gave me a 6er.

My lady was in Chicago last weekend and couldn't find any 3 Floyds to save her life.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2965 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Belgian Ale Company Trippel
Loose Cannon Heavy Seas Hop3 - Go Ravens

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1696 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
A friend got some in a trade and gave me a 6er.

My lady was in Chicago last weekend and couldn't find any 3 Floyds to save her life.

Cool. Same here. I'll land some eventually.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13685 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started the day with a homemade Belgiam Triple Ale that floydtp made. Pretty tasted and pretty close to on profile. Good first effort.

Now I'm finishing up a Schlafly Oktoberfest that seems tired on over the hill. Moving onto ???? shortly...

Joe
-----

Posts: 13685 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though it's freezing outside...

Beau Patio Saison

Posts: 2965 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That beer is delicious, VT. Hope some is available this summer - I'll be drinking a lot of it if so.

Posts: 10955 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allagash Dubbel

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bella's Hopslam. Awesome!!!!
Southern Tier 2XIPA. Right behind.

Procrastination is like second nature, and prone to exotic nomenclature.

Posts: 726 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Dec 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thomas Creek "Up The Creek"

Very good stuff. Well-balanced and full-bodied 2xIPA.

Posts: 5136 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had Bourbon County Coffee stout yesterday, 14+% ABV and one of the more incredible beers I have ever had. Aged in bourbon barrels and coffee added. I could smell it from a few feet away after pouring it.

Posts: 49 | Location: 805 - California | Registered: Jan 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fulton IPA.

Posts: 9517 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye: This is an IPA brewed with Rye. Really nice with more of savory (pepper) than sweet (floral, citrus) aromas and flavors. Well worth seeking out.

"One barrel of wine can work more miracles than a church full of saints." - Italian proverb.

Posts: 413 | Location: Carlsbad, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bunch of Bear Republic Racer 5.

Posts: 2434 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainman:

Good one! If you like Imperial/Double IPA give the Racer 15 a try if you can find it.

I just popped open a North Coast Old Rasputin XV Anniversary. It's a huge stout and I'll be sipping on this for the next hour at least Smile

Posts: 49 | Location: 805 - California | Registered: Jan 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight with dinner:

* Esser's Best Original (on tap)
* New Glarus Spotted Cow (bottle)

I really liked the Esser but after a few glasses the profile wore a little thin. I think I actually preferred it to the Spotted Cow (although the Spotted Cow was pretty good in it's own right).

Joe
-----

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wino805:
quote:
Originally posted by mountainman:

Good one! If you like Imperial/Double IPA give the Racer 15 a try if you can find it.

I've had the Racer Cafe 15 a couple times at the brewery lately....yummy.

Posts: 2434 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
St Austell, Tribute

Posts: 1219 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
last night with my brother and some burgers at a great burger / beer spot:

on tap:

Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout
Cigar City Humidor Series Double Black IPA (wow)

Can:
Evil Twin Hipster Ale

felt a lil' loosey-goosey after all that...

Posts: 5136 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Glarus Spotted Cow is one of my favorite beers period. The problem is that I do not get up to Wisconsin very much.

Posts: 2044 | Location: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Oct 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leffe Blonde

Posts: 8808 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Circle Amber - local micro I'd never tried before. Nice hops but not as heavily hoppy as an IPA, of which I'm not typically a big fan. A little darker than most ambers as well. Good stuff!

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 2005 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two Brothers Outlaw IPA, cask-conditioned.

Posts: 5579 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
~8 different beers from Chicago's new Pipeworks Brewing with Chinese New Year dinner last night at Sun Wah.

Galaxy Unicorn IPA a standout, among others- all very good.

These beers are now widely availabe in the Chicago market and worth a look if you're into the craft beer scene.

Posts: 915 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Samuel Adams Dunkelweizen. Decent, not great.

Posts: 5579 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ale Industries Unity Wild Ale - Awesome, brewed with peaches, sour and clean. Probably just a one off but man I would love these in 6 packs or 750 mls.

Posts: 8808 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post