WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 168
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
+1 on The Lost Abbey. Great stuff!

- Currently enjoying a Rochefort 8, with a Ballast Point Sculpin IPA up next.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shane T.,

Posts: 1594 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shane T.,

I'm going to open up my Stone Brewing Vertical Epic Ale. I believe I have back to '08. Interested?

"One barrel of wine can work more miracles than a church full of saints." - Italian proverb.

Posts: 397 | Location: Carlsbad, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I picked these up last night. Memphis doesn't have the greatest beer selections. I'm
new to beer so, you guys let me know about the quality of these selections.

2012 Sierra Neveda Celebration Ale
Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale
Maredsous Abbaye-Abdij Tradition Benedictine

Posts: 944 | Location: Olive Branch, Mississippi | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by max:
Ok, I picked these up last night. Memphis doesn't have the greatest beer selections. I'm

Drink them and let us know. Wink

Posts: 8741 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Belgium Chocolate Coffee Stout - Excellent, like chocolate milk when cool then more roasted flavors when warm.

Green Flash 30th Street American Pale Ale - Always kinder to me than IPA.

Stone Ruination Habanero - Well done!

Mission Hefeweizen - Kind of in a German style but miss Mahr's.

Posts: 8741 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Affligem triple
Leffe blonde
St Feuillien Saison

Posts: 1117 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Schell's Snowstorm.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Racer117:
Shane T.,

I'm going to open up my Stone Brewing Vertical Epic Ale. I believe I have back to '08. Interested?

Definitely interested! That's great stuff.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2012 Trader Joe's Vintage Ale, released around the holidays. It's excellent this year. The 2011 was too sweet for me, and oddly spiced. This one is excellent, and at $5 is a killer buy if you like Belgian style. Blind taste it with a few of your favorites, Yule see.

-IB

"Wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit."---Lindsay Bluth

Posts: 8884 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allagash White.

Posts: 5496 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cismontane - The Citizen

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
Ommegang XV
Atwater Vator Stout
Founders Russian Imperial Stout
Founders Breakfast Stout

Posts: 926 | Location: SW CT | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fcs:
Ommegang XV

Thoughts?

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13606 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night I had a dark delirium tremens

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:

St Feuillien Saison
St. Feuillien has a new saison in collaboration with Green Flash called Friendship Brew. The St. F is in my top 3 or so saisons that I've had and I'm very interested in trying it.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2954 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2x Rochefort Trappistes 8

Posts: 30187 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by max:

Big fan of both the Sierra Nevada and the Stone... the Oaked AB is an interesting drink; the oak isn't as prevalent in the bottle as it is on-tap (I had it on tap at the brewery and remember thinking the oak was intense!), but its yummy both ways... I'd recommend with food rather than on its own

Posts: 283 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deschutes Jubelale

Posts: 283 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Widmer Heifeweizen, paired with buffalo-injected hot wings, that were then smoked with apple wood, while watching the Seahawks trounce the Redskins today. Wink

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6825 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mneeley490:
Widmer HeifeweizenQUOTE]

Loved that beer when I was on vacation in Portland a few months back. Had it on tap at Widmer and other places a few times.

Posts: 5496 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last couple weeks some of my homemade xmas brew but coming soon Pliny Banana

Posts: 2411 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- Rochefort Trappistes 10 (probably my favorite beer right now. The "8" is awesome too.)

- Gulden Draak 9000 Quadruple

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:

St Feuillien Saison
St. Feuillien has a new saison in collaboration with Green Flash called Friendship Brew. The St. F is in my top 3 or so saisons that I've had and I'm very interested in trying it.

I'll have to search that out

Posts: 1117 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fullers, London Pride

Posts: 1160 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unibroue Fin du Monde. My first time ever with this beer. Excellent!