WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 160
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Tailgating at the Northwestern v. Iowa game last Saturday with the Mrs., Vino Me and Lady Vino Me, we had a Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale. While each independent ingredient sounds wonderful, combined they are awful. Although, my wife and VM did seem to enjoy it.

I assume by "Northwestern" you meant "7-1 Northwestern". Go Cats!

Posts: 4066 | Location: Alexandria, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tailgating at the Northwestern v. Iowa game last Saturday with the Mrs., Vino Me and Lady Vino Me, we had a Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale. While each independent ingredient sounds wonderful, combined they are awful. Although, my wife and VM did seem to enjoy it.

I had one of the above described Voodoo Donuts a couple of weeks ago while in Portland. It was pretty tasty - paired with coffee. Considered buying a bomber of the beer but passed.

Posts: 5374 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lentini:

I assume by "Northwestern" you meant "7-1 Northwestern". Go Cats!

Unfortunately, I meant the 7-2 Northwestern. Wink You missed a loss there somewhere Lentini.

Posts: 3551 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:

I had one of the above described Voodoo Donuts a couple of weeks ago while in Portland. It was pretty tasty - paired with coffee. Considered buying a bomber of the beer but passed.

Good decision to pass on the beer as VM is right. Disgusting doesn't even begin to cover it.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2371 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
quote:

Good decision to pass on the beer as VM is right. Disgusting doesn't even begin to cover it.

It's a beer you share a bottle of with 3-4 people. At that amount it is great (IMHO) but unpalatable at anything close to a full bottle or more.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2232 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surly Bender Ale.

Posts: 9380 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Avery duganA

From a 22. Blech - not good. Too over-the-top and, for an IIPA, way too yeasty and malty. Why they spell it like that is a mystery to me...one that I could likely answer with some reasearch, but won't.

Cheers!

Posts: 2882 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All from draught:

* Revolver Bock (good)
* Victory HopDevil (good to very good; super hoppy)
* Stone Sublimely Self Righteous (very good)

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13447 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steam Whistle Pilsner, brewed in Toronto.

First time for me and I like it. Surprisingly full and creamy in the mouth.

Posts: 580 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spaten Oktoberfest.

Posts: 5374 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue mocha porter
Monk in trunk

Posts: 5882 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eel River IPA
White Birch Belgian
Pretty Things Quadruppel Belgian

Posts: 913 | Location: SW CT | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Millstream Brewing Co. Oktoberfest

Joe
-----

Posts: 13447 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three Floyds flight night at my house- I've gathered:

Gumball Head
Zombie Dust
Risgoop
Broo Doo
Rye Da Tiger
Zes Zes Zes
Dreadnaught
Moloko

Posts: 854 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EB Wine:

Gumball Head
Zombie Dust
Risgoop
Broo Doo
Rye Da Tiger
Zes Zes Zes
Dreadnaught
Moloko

EB, I might be in the city next Saturday with another forum member who has to make a Flickinger pickup. Any chance you would be interested in meeting for a beer or two at Goose Island or the Map Room? Wine Sparty, you too in case you see this. We are thinking of making it something of a beer day. While picking up wine.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
* Victory HopDevil (good to very good; super hopppy)

Love this ale. Plenty of hops but not a one trick pony. Very nuanced yet powerful at the same time. Great session beer.....

PH

Posts: 14971 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by EB Wine:

Gumball Head
Zombie Dust
Risgoop
Broo Doo
Rye Da Tiger
Zes Zes Zes
Dreadnaught
Moloko

EB, I might be in the city next Saturday with another forum member who has to make a Flickinger pickup. Any chance you would be interested in meeting for a beer or two at Goose Island or the Map Room? Wine Sparty, you too in case you see this. We are thinking of making it something of a beer day. While picking up wine.

That would be cool- I should be around. Let's touch base during the week and see if we can work something out. I can walk to Map Room so a slight preference there.

Posts: 854 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kozel Premium Czech Lager

Posts: 2677 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leffe Blonde

Posts: 1570 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
Steam Whistle Pilsner, brewed in Toronto.

First time for me and I like it. Surprisingly full and creamy in the mouth.

Bruce, I like Steamwhistle too but really?

Surprisingly full and creamy in the mouth.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At a (late) Oktoberfest tonight:

Konig Pilsner
Radeberger Pilsner

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6747 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can walk to Map Room

Winner

posted Hide Post
Beck's Oktoberfest.

posted Hide Post
Yesterday for lunch, all on draught:

* Deschutes Mirror Pone Pale (good)
* Adelberts Tripel B (very good)
* New Belgium Super IPA (good to very good)

Joe
-----

posted Hide Post
Lake of Bays - Rousse (Ontario)

Very similar to Boreales Rousse (Quebec), which I don't believe is available in Ontario. Either way, both are very good. Full flavoured and a little hoppy, but not bitter.

Posts: 135 | Location: GTA | Registered: Sep 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post