WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 154
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
English Pub Bitter made at home with the old man.

Posts: 4400 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Point Rasta Rye

Posts: 6167 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to many westmalle triples yesterday. I'm hurting today.

Posts: 6255 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Belgians can take a toll if you aren't careful, that's for sure!

Posts: 5172 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

I love Westmalle. I trust you had the proper stemware.

Posts: 29646 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i'm a big fan of the gnomish beers (la chouffe)
except that it has a really high ABV and after 3-4 of em you'd swear yer talking to one.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11046 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Unless they have run out, I should be enjoying HB Oktoberfest from a liter boot at dinner in a couple of hours at a local German restaurant.

Fly to Munich instead. Wink

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13319 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
As for my buddies Oktoberfest party, I passed on the Spaten this year and bought a case of Bitburger. Never tried it before; can anyone recommend it, or should I head back to the store?

Regular Bitburger? I don't think the Oktoberfest is brewed any longer.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13319 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

I love Westmalle. I trust you had the proper stemware.
They did. Nice little gastropub in Corona del Mar.

Posts: 6255 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
As for my buddies Oktoberfest party, I passed on the Spaten this year and bought a case of Bitburger. Never tried it before; can anyone recommend it, or should I head back to the store?

Regular Bitburger? I don't think the Oktoberfest is brewed any longer.

As far as I know. I don't recall seeing anything on the box saying it was a special Oktoberfest brew.

May you never go to hell, but always be on your way.

Posts: 6615 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Petrus Aged Sour Pale

Posts: 4400 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
St. Bernardus ABT 12

posted Hide Post
Pumpkin Porter by Four Peaks Brewery in Tempe, AZ. 5.1% alc - not over the top with just the right amount of spice.....this is really, really good! Only available at the brewery or you can take home a growler.

Posts: 274 | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During my recent West Coast trip, some beers not available to me:

North Coast Brewing Scrimshaw Pilsner, 4.4% Alc, 22 IBU - a crisp, clean pilsner, very nice.

Ninkasi Tricerahops Double IPA 8.8% Alc, 100 IBU, a big IPA with loads of flavor, beautiful brew; closest to a Dogfishead that I have experienced.

Green Flash West Coast IPA, 7.3% Alc, nice flavorful hoppy IPA, great brew

Lagunitas IPA, 6.2% Alc - another good effort, great brew

Posts: 1849 | Location: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Oct 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know you can get the scrimshaw in Charleston. I used to drink it all the time when I lived there.

Posts: 825 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cigar City Xenu Honey Cream Ale
Cigar City Jailai IPA
Vicotry Hop Devil
Spaten Lager

Posts: 4172 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KC

You can also get Lagunitas in SC as well. A statewide wine company is the distributor. I just have not seen Scrimshaw on the shelves.

Posts: 1849 | Location: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Oct 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunner Kolsch

One of my favorites.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2931 | Location: Houston | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Sunner Kolsch

One of my favorites.

what's it taste like? like Spaten?

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11046 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Sunner Kolsch

One of my favorites.

what's it taste like? like Spaten?
Hah, you wish.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2931 | Location: Houston | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
more of me and my pa's english pub bitter... it's the only brew of the 3 that doesn't suck Frown

posted Hide Post
Smuttynose Gravitation Quadruple Belgian

GET SOME IT ROCKS!!

Posts: 902 | Location: SW CT | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alaskan Winter Ale- quite good!

Posts: 1761 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can tell the weather is changing. Instead of a pale or IPA I bought Lost Coast Downtown Brown.

------
Oh no, another wine blog! wineinsonoma.blogspot.com

Posts: 687 | Location: Santa Rosa, CA | Registered: Oct 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the Two Brothers Tap House:
Ebel's Weiss
Long Haul Session Ale

Posts: 5172 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post