WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 166
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Unfortunately you may be right, hence the copious amounts of beer ahead of time to ease the pain! Wink

I meant total between the two teams. Smile

Posts: 30116 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After last weekend, I didn't!
Big Grin

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1940 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magic Hat hI.P.A. Very nice. Crisp, pine cones and citrus.

PH

Posts: 15105 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really need to branch out but luv me some Sam Adams Octoberfest in Oct!

www.khanrahan.com

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton Roads, Virginia | Registered: Jan 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bell's Amber Ale.

Posts: 9440 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three Philosophers. (excellent)

Posts: 30116 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

Pretty tasty

Posts: 916 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Aug 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Divide - Belgian Style Yeti (Imp Stout).

Posts: 621 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of fat tires at happy hour

Posts: 6501 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night, St. Arnold's Elissa IPA

Tonight,
Abita Root Beer

Posts: 1604 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guinness

Only death is free, and even that costs you your life

Posts: 1905 | Registered: Apr 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Odell Myrcenary Double IPA

Posts: 1770 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 22 ounce bottle of Goose Island Pere Jacques awaits.

Posts: 5464 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a couple of Goose Island 312 at O'hare a couple nights ago waiting for our connecting flight. It was very good.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:

Excellent American beer.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

Excellent American beer.

Indeed. It helped me sleep well, too, after a really aggravating day at work.

Posts: 5464 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Excellent American beer.

Indeed. It helped me sleep well, too, after a really aggravating day at work.

You have aggravating days at work?

Too bad you can not just hit the ignore function at work like you can here on the forum. Smile

posted Hide Post
I'm holding a blind beer tasting today at our home.

What are some of your favorite foods you like to offer with beer?

TIA.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm holding a blind beer tasting today at our home.

What are some of your favorite foods you like to offer with beer?

TIA.
Wings, sausage and soft pretzels are the first couple things that come to mind.

Posts: 6501 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd have something a bit special before heading to the tailgate at Rangers Stadium:

Deschutes Brewery Hop in the Dark Cascadian Dark Ale. Almost pitch black in the glass with a tiny, thin head lining the edges of the glass. Nice, lightly hopped nose that is a bit reminiscent of a porter as well. Fairly full bodied, solid hops with a nutty, lightly chocolate flavors profile. 6.5% ABV. Recommended for a try at the minimum.

I'm bringing Spaten Oktoberfest and Brooklyn Octoberfest for the tailgate. Not sure what my buddy is bringing.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13539 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless they have run out, I should be enjoying HB Oktoberfest from a liter boot at dinner in a couple of hours at a local German restaurant.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
Thought I'd have something a bit special before heading to the tailgate at Rangers Stadium:

Deschutes Brewery Hop in the Dark Cascadian Dark Ale. Almost pitch black in the glass with a tiny, thin head lining the edges of the glass. Nice, lightly hopped nose that is a bit reminiscent of a porter as well. Fairly full bodied, solid hops with a nutty, lightly chocolate flavors profile. 6.5% ABV. Recommended for a try at the minimum.

I'm bringing Spaten Oktoberfest and Brooklyn Octoberfest for the tailgate. Not sure what my buddy is bringing.

Oooooo, I'm going to have to try that! Big Grin I love everything Deshutes does.
Just poured a bottle of their Jubelale into my simmering beef stew.

As for my buddies Oktoberfest party, I passed on the Spaten this year and bought a case of Bitburger. Never tried it before; can anyone recommend it, or should I head back to the store?

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6797 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abita Turbodog Ale.

Posts: 9440 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrapin Pumpkinfest

Posts: 825 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We were excited to have some beers in Chicago that are not available in Houston

3 Floyds Zombie Dust
3 Floyds Jinx Proof
Five Rabbit Five Vulture
Goose Island Matilda
Goose Island 312
Founders Breakfast Stout
Big Sky Saison
Huisbrouwerij de Halve Maan Brugse Zot

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post