WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 167
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bummer. In London there are still plenty of room temp options including Guinness. The good pubs had cold and room temp Guinness. Some of my friends from the states asked how I could drink "warm" beer. I had to remind them that room temp in the UK was not all that warm Smile

Posts: 6536 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Not only that, but there are Coors Light, Heineken and MGD taps taking up the elbow room. Sad.

That is just wrong. Mad

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6816 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when Moose Drool became a popular faddish import here back in the mid 80's. I worked with a Canadian who grew up near the brewery, and he couldn't believe it. He said it was just the local horse pi$$ beer when he was a kid.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6816 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Lost Abbey, Lost and Found.

Posts: 30169 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chimay Grand Reserve Ale

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6128 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam Adams Boston Brick Red. Yum.

Posts: 2299 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Schell's Firebrick Lager.

Posts: 9446 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A LOT of beer while watching the ass-kicking OU put on the entitled ones from Austin. Cool

The leaders of the day were:

The Lost Abbey
St. Bernardus Abt 12
Rochefont Trappistes 8
Unibroue La Terrible
Weltenburger Kloster Asam Bock

Now off for lunch/dinner and drinks at a private room reserved for our group of 20.

Let the celebration begin!

Posts: 30169 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 pitchers of Bud Light at an OU bar in San Diego with my brother and his Sooner girlfriend. Smile The River ran red with Longhorn blood after that massacre.

The Dude abides.

Posts: 3053 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
3 pitchers of Bud Light at an OU bar in San Diego with my brother and his Sooner girlfriend. Smile The River ran red with Longhorn blood after that massacre.

You can say that again. WOW!!!

Posts: 1117 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BOOMER SOONER!

posted Hide Post
Firemans 4 - local brew from Real Ale that was supposed to help "put out the flames" Wink after that loss, but it ain't workin!

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1947 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA

Posts: 1626 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Not only that, but there are Coors Light, Heineken and MGD taps taking up the elbow room. Sad.

That is just wrong. Mad

It's wrong anywhere, but in Ireland, it's a tragedy.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2412 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Point Toasted

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6370 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam Octoberfest with some great Chili......mix it in with a Pat's win and you have yourself a rocking Sunday!

www.khanrahan.com

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton Roads, Virginia | Registered: Jan 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spaten Octoberfest.

Only death is free, and even that costs you your life

Posts: 1905 | Registered: Apr 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local brew yesterday, Rock Bottom belgium wit.

Posts: 292 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL | Registered: Nov 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allagash Tripel Reserve

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7628 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
# 9

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6370 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abita TURBODOG

Posts: 47 | Registered: Sep 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fat Tire, thank god it is available in VA now.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Nov 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhb:
Abita TURBODOG

Good stuff!

Today will start with some Sam Adams Oktoberfest, followed by St. Arnolds Amber at the tailgate.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
quote:
Originally posted by mhb:
Abita TURBODOG

Good stuff!

Today will be St. Arnolds Amber while tailgating.

There may be 90 points scored today.

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately you may be right, hence the copious amounts of beer ahead of time to ease the pain! Wink