WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 171
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Arrogant Bastard

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6418 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While playing 27 holes of golf in Vegas yesterday, I was drinking mostly water and gatorade. However, I was pleased to find some Fat Tire Amber Ale on the beer cart. Smile

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6148 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam Adams autumn variety pack. The pumpkin is interesting, I prefer the Octoberfest the most.

Posts: 5 | Location: CT | Registered: Aug 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CTF&W:
Sam Adams autumn variety pack. The pumpkin is interesting, I prefer the Octoberfest the most.

I really enjoy the Oktoberfest as well. I've seen it on draft at several places in Vegas this week. I will definitely enjoy a couple before I leave.

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6148 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aventinus Private Weissebierbrauerei, while watching first series of A&M vs. OU -redheaded stepchildren.

May be 90 points scored today. Big Grin

Posts: 30310 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey now wine+art easy with the stepchildren comment Smile

How about a wager of some sort on the Nov. 5th game.... Maybe a nice bottle of something...

Posts: 184 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: Sep 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dominus Vobiscum Blanche

ROSEE D'HIBISCUS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AML,

Posts: 1321 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saint Bernardus Tripel

Today, I was shopping at the local Whole Foods, which is one of the pilot sites to sell and serve a variety of draft beer. You can sample a number of beers, and then have it served and sold in a re-useable "growler", or rubber stoppered bottle (think Grolsch). Brilliant!

About 10 beers on tap, half IPAs. My first experience with Saint Bernardus was a bit overwhelming (the Christmas Ale). The Tripel was absolutely delicious. Looking forward to refilling my growler soon.

Posts: 1648 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anchor Steam Humming Ale- tasty.

The Dude abides.

Posts: 3086 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stopped by Three Floyds on Saturday on the way home from apple picking to eat at the brewpub, but the wait was going to be too long. So, I picked up some beer to go:

Gumball Head
Zombie Dust
Jinx Proof
Arctic Panzer Wolf

Had a Zombie Dust & Jinx Proof while watching the Lions game yesterday. I think I preferred the Zombie Dust.

Posts: 3299 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Left Whole Foods with my latest growler of tap beer:
Brother Thelonious - some tasty brew!

Posts: 1648 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Today, I was shopping at the local Whole Foods, which is one of the pilot sites to sell and serve a variety of draft beer. You can sample a number of beers, and then have it served and sold in a re-useable "growler", or rubber stoppered bottle (think Grolsch). Brilliant!

No offense but this cracked me up. Reminds me of when my grandfather discovered the internet and email.

Posts: 825 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:
Left Whole Foods with my latest growler of tap beer:
Brother Thelonious - some tasty brew!

Whole Paycheck fills growlers? Eek Smile

Must be illegal in blue-law Indiana. Mad

-IB

"Wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit."---Lindsay Bluth

Posts: 8894 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
St. Bernardus, Abt 12.

-IB

"Wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit."---Lindsay Bluth

Posts: 8894 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Widmer Brothers Okto Festival Ale

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6853 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trumer Pils-truly remarkable. Probably my beer of the year (BOTY).

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5838 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:

Too funny! I was just going to come on and post this, too. I liked it quite a bit - a nice, easy-drinking and lighter version of an Oktoberfest beer. Then again, there isn't much that Widmer makes that I don't like.

Cheers!

Posts: 2923 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:

Too funny! I was just going to come on and post this, too. I liked it quite a bit - a nice, easy-drinking and lighter version of an Oktoberfest beer. Then again, there isn't much that Widmer makes that I don't like.

It's alright, an easy drinker as you say. But I was hoping for a little more heft.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6853 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to IB, enjoyed my last Pere Jacques, 2010.

Excellent showing.

Posts: 30310 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bruery Saison Rue

Don't think I'll be repeating.

Posts: 917 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Aug 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Thanks to IB, enjoyed my last Pere Jacques, 2010.

Excellent showing.

You do realize he is a wanna-be Chicagoan, don't you? Smile

Posts: 5528 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
The Bruery Saison Rue

Don't think I'll be repeating.

Oh man ! this is one of my favorite Bruery beers.

Posts: 11 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: Apr 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A sea of Guinness. Love it but was very disappointed to see that all draught Guinness in Ireland is now served cold. No more room temp taps. Frown

Blame Budweiser!

Posts: 10211 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
A sea of Guinness. Love it but was very disappointed to see that all draught Guinness in Ireland is now served cold. No more room temp taps. Frown

Blame Budweiser!
WHAT? Why is that?

Posts: 6569 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Irish I asked about it thought it was probably done for sanitary reasons. Room temp beer lines can breed bacteria.

I ain't buying it though. Last time I was in Ireland (mid 90's) there was already a move, because most pubs had both cold and room temp Guinness taps as a choice. That was in response to the appearance of the Ice Cold Budweiser taps, which had become popular with the disillusioned Irish youth. Fast forward 15 years and all the room temp taps are gone. Not only that, but there are Coors Light, Heineken and MGD taps taking up the elbow room. Sad. God save the village green! Wink

Posts: 10211 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post