WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 153
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Half Acre Daisy Cutter
Dogfish Head Raison d'Etre

Posts: 2808 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kingofcool:
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
Grand Teton Bitch Creek Extra Special Brown- very tasty
Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron- a 12% blitzkrieg in a bottle... Good, but dangerous

Going to Jackson Hole this weekend. Thanks for the rec on the Bitch Creek ESB. I agree on the Palo. Awesome, awesome beer.

Hope you are having an awesome time in Jackson Hole drinking some good beer.

The Dude abides.

Posts: 2365 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pauwel Kwak

Posts: 1076 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Victory Prima Pils.

Posts: 9281 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chimay red label.

Only death is free, and even that costs you your life

Posts: 1905 | Registered: Apr 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a refreshing Hitachino Nest White Ale

Posts: 10 | Registered: Feb 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Belgium Hoptober

Posts: 2201 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A ton of Colorado craft beers including the Hoptober listed above

Posts: 5566 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oskar Blues' Dale Pale Ale, very very good

Posts: 458 | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hales Brewing Supergoose Imperial IPA - much better than the regular Mongoose IPA.

Cheers!

Posts: 2801 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a couple of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA’s on Sunday night in Laguna Beach. My first experience with Dogfish and I really liked it.

Posts: 6237 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron- a 12% blitzkrieg in a bottle... Good, but dangerous

Going to Jackson Hole this weekend. Thanks for the rec on the Bitch Creek ESB. I agree on the Palo. Awesome, awesome beer.

Most certainly did. Tried Bitch Creek beer and actually fished Bitch Creek. Both were excellent. Snake River Brew Pub was serving up some fine beers as well. Also tried some Big sky, Odells and Deschutes.

Odells Five Barrell Ale and Snake River Pakos IPA were probably my two favorite of what I tried.

They also had Alaskan which is highly sought after. Personally, while the beers are perfectly made, I need a little more umph.

Posts: 825 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Most certainly did. Tried Bitch Creek beer and actually fished Bitch Creek. Both were excellent. Snake River Brew Pub was serving up some fine beers as well. Also tried some Big sky, Odells and Deschutes.

Odells Five Barrell Ale and Snake River Pakos IPA were probably my two favorite of what I tried.

They also had Alaskan which is highly sought after. Personally, while the beers are perfectly made, I need a little more umph.

Had a six pack of the Odells Five Barrell in Colorado. Very good stuff.

Posts: 5566 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pacifico
Negra Modelo

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 5974 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
Pacifico
Negra Modelo

Gig, do you like those two well enough to buy, or just bought because at a restaurant?

Posts: 29586 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Pacifico
Negra Modelo

Gig, do you like those two well enough to buy, or just bought because at a restaurant?

I find some enjoyment with both; the Negra Modelo moreso than the Pacifico.

We had friends over for a Mexican-themed dinner last night and I purchased in the spirit of keeping with the theme.

Are there any Mexican beers that you enjoy or would recommend?

Posts: 5974 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fortunately, a lot of very good Mexican beers commonly available. Depends on the body and style. I enjoy these.

Light:
Sol
Tecate
Pacifico
Negro Especial
Dos Equis Lager

Medium:
Dos Equis Amber
Bohemia
Negro Modelo

Posts: 1494 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:
quote:

Fortunately, a lot of very good Mexican beers commonly available. Depends on the body and style. I enjoy these.

Light:
Sol
Tecate
Pacifico
Negro Especial
Dos Equis Lager

Medium:
Dos Equis Amber
Bohemia
Negro Modelo

Wine doc-

I believe that I have tasted all of those, with the exception of Sol. However, it is available here.

The only beers you listed that I purchase are the two I had last night, and Bohemia, on occasion. I believe that Carta Blanca is also available here, but I have never tried it.

I'm guessing that w+a opts for margaritas with his Mexican-style cuisine.

posted Hide Post
Victory Moonglow Weizen Bock

Posts: 95 | Location: South Central (Pa) | Registered: Aug 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just packed up the yeti full of beer.

Sierra Nevada PA
Sweetwater 420
Cigar City Jai Alai
Peroni

and

Coors light

Posts: 825 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Light:
Sol
Tecate
Pacifico
Negro Especial
Dos Equis Lager

Medium:
Dos Equis Amber
Bohemia
Negro Modelo

Wine doc-

I believe that I have tasted all of those, with the exception of Sol. However, it is available.

Worth the purchase. It's the favored beer in some Mexican restaurants here.

Posts: 1494 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I believe that I have tasted all of those, with the exception of Sol. However, it is available.

Worth the purchase. It's the favored beer in some Mexican restaurants here.

Unfortunately, it is the watered-down version (3.2% alcohol) sold in grocery stores here. Mad

posted Hide Post
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale

Yummy!

Posts: 74 | Location: Tempe, AZ | Registered: Jun 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not really.

Posts: 29586 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

Not really.

I'm with w+a for the most part. Mexican beers taste best to me if I'm coming out of the ocean all salty and need something akin to ice cold water to quench my thirst. I think a Corona or Sol fits these situations perfectly.

If you can find either Noche Buena (sp?) or Bohemia give them a try. Both have a bit more character than the typical "put a wedge of lime in it and drink it before it gets warmer than 40°" Mexican brews.

PH

Posts: 14651 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post