WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 164
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Great Waters Oktoberfest.

Posts: 9435 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:

All kinds of Oktoberfest beers for sale around here. Just can't drink these till the weather cools off, but looking forward to it!

Posts: 2205 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by khmark7:
quote:

All kinds of Oktoberfest beers for sale around here. Just can't drink these till the weather cools off, but looking forward to it!

What, is it hitting 85 in Chicago? Razz

Posts: 30100 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Oktoberfest beers, this past Saturday I had the just released Atom Smasher at their Warrenville tap house. Very German style flavor, I loved it. It is aged a short time in large oak foudres. Bought a six-pack of it on the way out.

Posts: 5449 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two Brothers Cane & Ebel.

Posts: 5449 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pyramid Thunderhead IPA with pizza.

The Dude abides.

Posts: 3002 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
quote:

What, is it hitting 85 in Chicago? Razz

Without comparing Chicago to Hades, or Texas, I'm not a fan of Oktoberfest beers when it's 70° or more outside. Wink Must be the sweetness in those beers, but they are very tasty in the fall.

Posts: 2205 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Two Brothers Cane & Ebel.

Just purchased this today. Amazing beer!

posted Hide Post
Living three miles from Two Bros is very dangerous...

posted Hide Post
Grand Teton Bitch Creek Extra Special Brown- very tasty
Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron- a 12% blitzkrieg in a bottle... Good, but dangerous

The Dude abides.

Posts: 3002 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Half Acre Double Daisy Cutter. Fantastic!

Posts: 390 | Location: In the middle of the polar vortex | Registered: Apr 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a Fat Tire last night. Still my go-to house beer.

Posts: 3586 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
Grand Teton Bitch Creek Extra Special Brown- very tasty
Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron- a 12% blitzkrieg in a bottle... Good, but dangerous

Going to Jackson Hole this weekend. Thanks for the rec on the Bitch Creek ESB. I agree on the Palo. Awesome, awesome beer.

Posts: 825 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fish Tail just opened a new brew pub near me. I plan to check it out very thoroughly this weekend. Wink

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6792 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jennj007:

Half Acre makes some nice brews, but unfortunately it can only be found in the city. I need to pick up some of this stuff next time i go downtown.

posted Hide Post
The Binny's web site shows them carrying Half Acre, though it's possible they won't have them in all locations.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Fish Tail just opened a new brew pub near me. I plan to check it out very thoroughly this weekend. Wink

Really? Hadn't heard that. Where abouts? Have you been to the new Scuttlebutt location?

Posts: 621 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flop:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Fish Tale just opened a new brew pub near me. I plan to check it out very thoroughly this weekend. Wink

Really? Hadn't heard that. Where abouts? Have you been to the new Scuttlebutt location?

I have not been to Scuttlebutt's new location. The brews I had at the old one, I didn't care much for.
Fish Tale is in Everett, on Broadway and Hewitt, right across from Comcast Arena. Info here. I highly recommend their Organic IPA.
In the same general area is Balefire, which I do not recommmend, and Diamond Knot in Mukilteo, which I do.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6792 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
The Binny's web site shows them carrying Half Acre, though it's possible they won't have them in all locations.

More often than not, they seem to be out of Daisy Cutter at the Marcey Street location, but I work in Skokie, and they usually have it at the Dempster Street store (crazy, because it's one of the smaller ones).

I'm thinking about going to the Village Tap on Roscoe tonight. They are going to have 20-some local brews on tap, and word is there will be a keg of Double Daisy on tap.

Posts: 390 | Location: In the middle of the polar vortex | Registered: Apr 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jennj007:

Half Acre makes some nice brews, but unfortunately it can only be found in the city. I need to pick up some of this stuff next time i go downtown.

You know, the other place I seem to find it is World Market, and I've picked it up at the Evanston and also Lincoln Park locations. It's worth a shot.

posted Hide Post
A couple of pints of Atom Smasher at the Two Brothers Tap House.

posted Hide Post
Bass Pale Ale

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6106 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I had Chimay, and it's pretty pricey for the quality, but every once in a while I go for it. Had one last night. It brings me back to the Hand Pump Chimay I used to drink at Toranado in San Francisco.

Theier hand pumped Anchor Steam was one of the best brews ever!

Keep it secret, keep it safe (not to mention cold, dark, and still!)- www.whichwinecooler.com

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jun 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two friends came over (with pizza Cool) to watch the TCU vs. Baylor game. They are Baylor alum.

They brought over Kosta Browne and SQN. ( I told you, they are Baylor boys Wink)

Tasted both, then decided to drink a number of Three Philosophers, an excellent beer.

Posts: 30100 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the same thing last night - a buddy of mine is Baylor TE Jordan Najvar's uncle and this was his first game after transferring off a redshift year at Stanford. First game, first catch, first TD and a very proud Uncle.

I had a couple Real Ale Ambers and he was all over some Bitberger.

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1938 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post