WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Recently had several beers at Rooster Fish Brewing in Watkins Glen in the Finger Lakes. All of their styles I tried were quite well done. I'm not a Hefeweizen guy but enjoyed theirs - the bananna and clove notes were a bit understated which I liked. Fantastic IPA, Nut Brown Ale and coffee porter. My one gripe would be the darker/heavier beers being served too cold and in refrigerated glasses. Very tasty other than that, though.

Posts: 5523 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Westvleteren 12 with a good friend Big Grin

Posts: 34 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: Jul 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really liking Great Divide Collette. Loved a Lips of Faith la Folie last weekend. That is wild stuff, and just awesome. Gonna have to track down more sour beers now.

Posts: 477 | Registered: Mar 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petrolhead:
Westvleteren 12 with a good friend Big Grin

Bravo! One of my very favorite beers. I have never had one that was not very special.

Posts: 30286 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bintang- the budweiser of indonesia... cheaper than a bottle of water at restaurants.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TPEwinedrinker,

The Dude abides.

Posts: 3083 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
bintang- the budweiser of indonesia... cheaper than a bottle of water at restaurants.

well then, they don't leave you much of a choice! Cool

Posts: 5077 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This weekend:

On tap:

Bell's 2 Hearted
Kelly's Southernmost Brewery Red Ale

Bottles

Kona Brewing - Longboard Lager
Yuengling
Bud Light while playing tennis

Posts: 6044 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caldera IPA (right out of good ol' Ashland, OR)

Cheers!

Posts: 2923 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight:

Stone and Duke's Farm to Table Beer Dinner

6:30PM
Welcome Beer: Stone Levitation
Paired with: Lake Superior Whitefish Fish Fry with House-made Gribiche

7:00PM
Cali-Belgique
Paired with: Duke’s Field Green Salad tossed with Cali-Belgique-Strawberry Vinaigrette and Fresh Goat Cheese

Sublimely Self Righteous
Paired with: Duck Confit Tacos with Stone Levitation BBQ Sauce, Smoked Nichols Farm Cabbage Slaw, Habanero Salsa, Heritage Prairie Farm Micro Greens, and Queso Fresco wrapped in Corn Tortillas. Served with Spanish style rice and beans.

Ruination
Paired with: Nichols Farm Baby Carrot Cake with Ancho Chile Cream Cheese Frosting

9:00PM
Tapping of Stone’s Russian Imperial Stout

I've been looking forward to this one for a couple of months now.

Posts: 3602 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The entire Saison Dupont lineup. The (dry) organic, biodynamic, honey ale is incredible.

FWIW: this is, generally speaking, my favorite beer line in the world. And Foret remains my favorite "classic" beer, but man that honey beer was good, too.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7662 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midas Touch
Pliny the Elder
Mikkeller "Sorachi Ace" IPA
Baird Beer "The Carpenter's Mikan Ale"

"This may be the wine talking but I want some more wine"

Posts: 1037 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lagunitas IPA

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9636 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bell's Oberon

Posts: 3291 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone try the Stone Green Tea IPA yet. I picked up a couple today so I hope to crack them tomorrow once they are chilled down.

Posts: 138 | Location: Orange, CA | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sierra Nevada Summerfest after a hard day of watching the movers pick up my stuff. Cleaning and yard work all weekend and then I move 200 more bottles of wine to Virginia

www.khanrahan.com

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton Roads, Virginia | Registered: Jan 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
Lagunitas IPA

I freaking love this stuff. My house IPA.

Tonight, multiple Dogfish brews.

PH

Posts: 15326 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those in Arizona, or others who might be able to find it... Four Peaks Brewing Company - Eight Street Ale. Hoppy and citrusy and refreshingly yummy on a 115 deg. day in Phoenix!

Posts: 74 | Location: Tempe, AZ | Registered: Jun 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
Lagunitas IPA

I freaking love this stuff. My house IPA.

Tonight, multiple Dogfish brews.

PH

I don't drink that much beer anymore, but that is always a favorite.

Right now, while relaxing before dinner - Fat Tire.

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9636 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djlevin:
For those in Arizona, or others who might be able to find it... Four Peaks Brewing Company - Eight Street Ale. Hoppy and citrusy and refreshingly yummy on a 115 deg. day in Phoenix!

My friends and I visited their brewpub in Tempe last October. Some very good things going on there.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6849 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abita Turbo Dog, then a Thirsty Planet Thirsty Goat while waiting for takeout from the neighborhood bistro.

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1971 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A dubbel from Bier Brewery, a local brewery that specializes in Belgian style. Not bad at all!

-IB

"Wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit."---Lindsay Bluth

Posts: 8894 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
St. Arnold Amber Ale

Posts: 1648 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by epml:
Anyone try the Stone Green Tea IPA yet. I picked up a couple today so I hope to crack them tomorrow once they are chilled down.

Curious to hear about this.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/70910

Posts: 825 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stone IPA with very spicy chicken wings last night.

Posts: 6564 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Stone IPA

I just picked up a case of wine, and came VERY close to buying this beer, but a friend walked into the store and I then forgot before checking out.

What did you think?

Posts: 30286 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post