WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 165
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
i bought a bunch of Lagunitas Sucks yesterday. I'll be cracking one open tonight.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night

Sam Adams New Albion
Lagunitas Sucks

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
Yesterday at lunch. All on tap:

* Deep Ellum Darkest Hour (pretty good, finish a bit weak for such a big beer)
* Left Hand Fade To Black Vol. 4 (nice black ale with just enough IBU not to overpower)
* St. Feullien Triple (A bit lightweight, lemons dominate)

Nice lunch. Maybe you need to change your Moniker.

Posts: 6455 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 pints of palm belgium for lunch

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12078 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:

this f*cking guy...

Posts: 4952 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Last night

Sam Adams New Albion
Lagunitas Sucks

What'd you think?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:

this f*cking guy...

ugh that 1 lb burger is making me soo sleeeepy.

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12078 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Last night

Sam Adams New Albion
Lagunitas Sucks

What'd you think?
Thought it sucked. It was heavy and overly hoppy. I'm not the biggest hop fan, but I like hops that are light on their feet, crisp and refreshing. This was dense, loud and unbalanced.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Last night

Sam Adams New Albion
Lagunitas Sucks

What'd you think?
Thought it sucked. It was heavy and overly hoppy. I'm not the biggest hop fan, but I like hops that are light on their feet, crisp and refreshing. This was dense, loud and unbalanced.

same boat.

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

posted Hide Post
Havent opened them yet but I just procured 3 bottles of Brooklyn Black Ops. I'm so very excited.

Posts: 4526 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flying Dog Raging Bitch Belgian Pale Ale.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBJ2012FinalsMVPisclutch:
Havent opened them yet but I just procured 3 bottles of Brooklyn Black Ops. I'm so very excited.

Nice. I've heard good things.

I'm having a Lagunitas Sucks right now, and I'll say, I really like it. It's hoppy as hell (smells like I've stuck my nose into a bag of hops), but it's very floral, and I like the body.

Then again, I'm into serious over-hoppage right now.

posted Hide Post
Fulton Lonely Blonde Ale.

Posts: 9435 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bell's Hopslam

Posts: 916 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Aug 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Bell's Hopslam

thoughts?

I've asked a local shop to hold a few packs for me when it comes in.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We'll have to open one up when you are up here next month.

Posts: 4526 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

We'll have to open one up when you are up here next month.
I hear it's not a bottle one can drink alone. I'd plan on sharing it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:

If you guys like Belgian-style beers, then hopefully Pere Jacques will be one of the GI beers heading that way on tap. It's phenomenal.

Bill, I was thinking about this last night and wondered if you've had an aged Pere Jacques? I've noticed that they are vintage dated, and the bottle says that it will develop in bottle for up to five years.

Scubarex, I don't know how often you check-in here, but I know you cellar beer. Have you had this aged?

Posts: 3589 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know I've bought Pere Jacques from different years, but have not compared side by side.

Posts: 5454 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Bell's Hopslam

thoughts?

I've asked a local shop to hold a few packs for me when it comes in.

It was good; if you like IPA's you'll enjoy it. Lot of grapefruit/pineapple with some huge hopiness to it.

I'm a huge fan of the Pliny and to me the Pliny still outclasses this. With that being said I like my IPA's a lot crisper and precise. The Hopslam was a little sloppy to me compared to the Pliny but excellent in it's own regard and happy that I have several more to drink thru.

Posts: 916 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Aug 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ballast Point Brewing Company Lager Longfin

Posts: 2786 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Green Flash & Brasserie St. Feuillien Bière De L'Amitié
Eel River Triple Exultation (YUM!)
Anthem Cherry Cider

posted Hide Post
Yeesterday - Two Brothers 91 Shilling. In about 2-1/2 hours, I will be staring at many tap handles at Goose Island. Winner

Posts: 5454 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Anthem Cherry Cider

Never tried a cherry cider before. Heck, I've never even seen one. Impressions?

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6794 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:

Anthem Cherry Cider

Never tried a cherry cider before. Heck, I've never even seen one. Impressions?
This one is very dry and pleasantly tart. Not a typical cider, I really liked it.