WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What BEER are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 164
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What BEER are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
had a Brooklyn Monster ale last night.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Ah okay. Well expect kegs at your local bars this month based on what I'm hearing.

If you guys like Belgian-style beers, then hopefully Pere Jacques will be one of the GI beers heading that way on tap. It's phenomenal.

I'm sipping one right now. Excellent stuff.

Sheer greatness!

We get in the 22 ounce bottles here, and the 9% alcohol sneaks up on you though.

Posts: 3586 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
D is attending a wedding expo on Sunday, so Dan and I are planning a beer day, perhaps in Chicago. Cool

Posts: 5439 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hand-pumped Greene King IPA

Posts: 1098 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fulton IPA.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BJ's grand cru edition

Posts: 1048 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Speckled Hen

Posts: 1098 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Innis & Gunn. And a taste of Hobgoblin.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trois pistoles, dark ale on lees. Sparkling wine like cork for closure.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1574 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a negra modelo with dinner last night

Posts: 2287 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The beers of Deschutes from OR have recently become available here in IL, to a lot of hype. I got to try 4 of them on tap today at a local pub. I can't recall the exact names but I really enjoyed the white IPA and porter.

Posts: 5439 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
The beers of Deschutes from OR have recently become available here in IL, to a lot of hype. I got to try 4 of them on tap today at a local pub. I can't recall the exact names but I really enjoyed the white IPA and porter.

I picked up Deschutes Red Chair Northwest Style Pale Ale at Binny's recently and really enjoyed it. A lot of good buzz around this stuff. All six packs are $8.99 at Binny's during January as they push this beer into our market. You can also mix your own 6 pack.

Posts: 863 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my first Hopslam this weekend. I liked it, but don't think I'll be buying more at the price.

Posts: 3181 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys will be happy with anything Deschutes makes. One of my go-to producers.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6787 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goose Island Matilda tonight watching my wife make dinner. It's hard not to backseat drive.

Posts: 3586 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Goose Island Matilda

Nice. I have enjoyed this beer and the Pere Jacques a great deal.

Posts: 30088 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pushing for us to get grub and drinks at Goose Island on Clybourn this coming Saturday before we head to the Flogging Molly show at the Aragon. If someone else is driving, I'll plan to get at least one of their Belgian-styles on tap.

posted Hide Post
Last night with burgers, Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale

Tonight with Japanese, Asahi Kuronama Black Lager

Posts: 1592 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goose Island Sofie.

I prefer the Pere Jacques, then Matilda more than Sofie. They are all excellent though.

posted Hide Post
3 x Two Brothers Ebel's Weiss, on tap.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Goose Island Matilda tonight watching my wife make dinner. It's hard not to backseat drive.

Dude, ain't that the truth! You and I both know that anything even close to, "...Honey, are you sure that's reduced enough?..." would result in instant death.

Recently: Port Brewing Wipeout IPA (from 22 oz bottle) - very good, would love to try on draught.

Cheers!

Posts: 2886 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
quote:

Dude, ain't that the truth! You and I both know that anything even close to, "...Honey, are you sure that's reduced enough?..." would result in instant death.

Big Grin I didn't know you'd met my wife.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry we are not gonna see you in KW this week

Posts: 5942 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry we are not gonna see you in KW this week

I was just thinking about that myself. Our flight was supposed to leave early tomorrow morning...

We'll try again next year.

posted Hide Post
Yesterday at lunch. All on tap:

* Deep Ellum Darkest Hour (pretty good, finish a bit weak for such a big beer)
* Left Hand Fade To Black Vol. 4 (nice black ale with just enough IBU not to overpower)
* St. Feullien Triple (A bit lightweight, lemons dominate)

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13518 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post