WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    $1000 to spend
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
$1000 to spend
 Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
Bottle of 89' Pichon Baron and a pair of shoes Cool


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2687 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Bottle of 89' Pichon Baron and a pair of shoes Cool


Cool
 
Posts: 29522 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
I would buy a mixed case of Cedric Bouchard Champagne. I need to restock.


Glad you introduced me to this producer, what a great value.
 
Posts: 1209 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
You can always find a reason to buy an affordable bottle of wine. If you're going to spend found money on wine, it should be the best 1 or 2 bottles that that money will buy. Something well outside the norm of easy purchasing is what would make it special.


___________________________

Cheers!
 
Posts: 8111 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
You can always find a reason to buy an affordable bottle of wine. If you're going to spend found money on wine, it should be the best 1 or 2 bottles that that money will buy. Something well outside the norm of easy purchasing is what would make it special.


Amen, brother.
 
Posts: 29522 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My wife, confirming that I 100% found the right woman to spend my life with, told me she would skip the shoes and that I should spend it all on wine for us Winner

Already spent half on 3 bottles of '98 Krug Brut, going to take the rest of your advice and buy 1 bottle with the other half.

Keep the suggestions coming, they are all great


I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma
 
Posts: 716 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
My wife, confirming that I 100% found the right woman to spend my life with, told me she would skip the shoes and that I should spend it all on wine for us Winner

Already spent half on 3 bottles of '98 Krug Brut, going to take the rest of your advice and buy 1 bottle with the other half.

Keep the suggestions coming, they are all great



Well with that said...Id take the $$ and buy her something I know she wants and buy the extra wine as well Smile


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2687 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'd probably go with a case of '06 Brunello while its still readily available (my wedding year). If not that I've always wanted to try a Krug Clos Du Mensil so Id probably grab one of those.

That's assuming there was enough left after taxes. I won 1000 dollars on a scratch ticket a few years ago and when I cashed it in at the state lottery office they had me fill out a form, kept 300 of it for the state and handed me the rest. Frown
 
Posts: 2297 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:

That's assuming there was enough left after taxes. I won 1000 dollars on a scratch ticket a few years ago and when I cashed it in at the state lottery office they had me fill out a form, kept 300 of it for the state and handed me the rest. Frown


Key point for all of us to remember. Bang


Stay thirsty my friends.
 
Posts: 2882 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
My wife, confirming that I 100% found the right woman to spend my life with, told me she would skip the shoes and that I should spend it all on wine for us Winner

Already spent half on 3 bottles of '98 Krug Brut, going to take the rest of your advice and buy 1 bottle with the other half.

Keep the suggestions coming, they are all great


No question, one of the La-La's.


Stay thirsty my friends.
 
Posts: 2882 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
What a gal you have, patespo1!

You've got $500 left: something from the likes of Sine Qua Non that seem to blow everyone away.


Cheers!
 
Posts: 2789 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
82 Cheval, 1 bottle
 
Posts: 578 | Location: Seattle | Registered: Apr 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:

Take the girlfriend out, open a split of good Champagne, lick it off her body.

With whatever's left, buy a nice CdR to share with your wife.

Everyone ends up happy.


Invite the wife and girlfriend in, one good bottle of Champagne and spend the rest on strippers.


Paul Romero (tlily)- Owner, Winemaker, Tour Guide
Stefania Wine
http://www.stefaniawine.com
 
Posts: 7532 | Location: San Jose | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stefania Wine:
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:

Take the girlfriend out, open a split of good Champagne, lick it off her body.

With whatever's left, buy a nice CdR to share with your wife.

Everyone ends up happy.


Invite the wife and girlfriend in, one good bottle of Champagne and spend the rest on strippers.


3 bottles and you can invite teh strippers in on the party.


This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)
 
Posts: 10947 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I thought that was implied?


Paul Romero (tlily)- Owner, Winemaker, Tour Guide
Stefania Wine
http://www.stefaniawine.com
 
Posts: 7532 | Location: San Jose | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stefania Wine:
I thought that was implied?


i dont know how you can convince anybody with only 1 bottle of champers ;-)


This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)
 
Posts: 10947 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
1986 Mouton Rothschild...

In my opinion the single best bottle of wine to ever come out of Pauillac.

The 1995 Margaux, 1982 Petrus, and 1986 (and 96 for that matter) Lafite are all great wines, but none of them hold a candle to the 86 Mouton. Also, the 86 Mouton is a comparative bargain on the market today.
 
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Convince? If its not the girls idea it ain't gonna happen.


Paul Romero (tlily)- Owner, Winemaker, Tour Guide
Stefania Wine
http://www.stefaniawine.com
 
Posts: 7532 | Location: San Jose | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by Stefania Wine:
I thought that was implied?


i dont know how you can convince anybody with only 1 bottle of champers ;-)


Convincing strippers???? come on boys this ain't amateur hour Smack
 
Posts: 1209 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
1-Unico
1-Massetto
Cool
 
Posts: 1761 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:

That's assuming there was enough left after taxes. I won 1000 dollars on a scratch ticket a few years ago and when I cashed it in at the state lottery office they had me fill out a form, kept 300 of it for the state and handed me the rest. Frown


Key point for all of us to remember. Bang


If Big Brother is watching, lets just say someone 'Hypothetically' handed you the cash, as you won it in a football pool. Hence, tax free.


I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma
 
Posts: 716 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Well then, maybe you should try some of Bledsoe's Doubleback to keep with the football theme and a La La to finish off the rest.
 
Posts: 2297 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Winecaptain:
1986 Mouton Rothschild...

In my opinion the single best bottle of wine to ever come out of Pauillac.



Eek
 
Posts: 29522 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Winecaptain:
1986 Mouton Rothschild...

In my opinion the single best bottle of wine to ever come out of Pauillac.



Eek
+1. Bold statement winecaptain. Last time I had the 86 Mouton it was so tight and tannic it was hard to evaluate.
 
Posts: 6220 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Winecaptain:
1986 Mouton Rothschild...

In my opinion the single best bottle of wine to ever come out of Pauillac.



Eek
+1. Bold statement winecaptain. Last time I had the 86 Mouton it was so tight and tannic it was hard to evaluate.


Agree with Glenn 100%. I bought a case based on Parker's raving and 100 point score. I've had 2 and if #3 is as tight as the others, I'll send the rest off to auction.


Just one more sip.
 
Posts: 36395 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    $1000 to spend

© Wine Spectator 2013