WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What were your best wine buys of 2012?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What were your best wine buys of 2012?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SD-Wineaux:
2002 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne - $100

Outstanding price! well done

Posts: 15636 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marcassin and Sine Qua Non at mailing list prices.

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Lady May Cabernet, Glenelly, Stellenbosch
Discovered at a tasting and happily added to the cellar

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1935 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one of my best purchases, in the QPR department, is the 2007 Roundhouse Cabernet Alexander Valley.
It is a sturdy wine, with oak, vanilla, spice, clove. Complex and quite quaffable.
Picked it up on sale...case price was $8.79 a bottle, and it is an 88 pointer, in my view.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7190 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Piper-Heidsiec Brut is on sale for 26 bucks here. Seems like a very good deal, although I haven't had the wine yet. Thinking of grabbing a few for new years, and if its as good as the review grabbing a case for the long haul. Very skeptical about the review however.

Posts: 2300 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Box sets (champagne and Dom Perignon flutes) of the '00 & '02 Dom P vintages for $90 apiece.

Posts: 907 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Aug 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:
The Piper-Heidsiec Brut is on sale for 26 bucks here. Seems like a very good deal, although I haven't had the wine yet. Thinking of grabbing a few for new years, and if its as good as the review grabbing a case for the long haul. Very skeptical about the review however.

It is a good deal. It's the best sub $50 NV I've tasted. I find it really clean, and with a good yeasty/toasty quality that I enjoy. I buy a few without hesitation when I see it near $25. But I'd crack one, see if you like it first.

-IB

"Wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit."---Lindsay Bluth

Posts: 8894 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A case of 1982 mixed Bordeaux including Latour, Margaux, Haut Brion and others way below auction price. Bought it from a co-worker who doesn't like Bordeaux anymore Smile

Posts: 2312 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
A case of 1982 mixed Bordeaux including Latour, Margaux, Haut Brion and others way below auction price. Bought it from a co-worker who doesn't like Bordeaux anymore Smile

You did indeed. Smile

Posts: 30286 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bottle of 2004 Ridge Monte Bello at nearly half the price we have here and (price was not a real issue) 2006 Clos Rougeard, just for being able to get some...

Dzitt

Posts: 909 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Domaine de la Mordoree La Reine Des Bois Cdp @ $45.

Posts: 9488 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A case of 1982 mixed Bordeaux including Latour, Margaux, Haut Brion and others way below auction price. Bought it from a co-worker who doesn't like Bordeaux anymore

Wow! Where can I find co-workers like that? Very nice indeed.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5828 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post