WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Corkage story II....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corkage story II....
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A $15 somm fee on top of the $30 corkage? Amazing...

Posts: 6320 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A sommelier fee? What's next, a charge for mosquitoes?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36424 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That blows. The only JG Grill I have been to was at Deer Valley in Utah - as we were skiing I did not try to bring my own. We did have a Novy Syrah at a decent price. Fun afternoon skiing after that

Posts: 5571 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
A $15 somm fee per bottle!!! on top of the $30 corkage? Amazing...

That is larceny. Especially without explicit disclosure ahead of time. Boo.... Mad

PH

Posts: 14651 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really don't get it. What are you paying the Somm fee for? Is it the idea that if you hadn't brought a bottle, and had to use the Sommelier, he would have earned a tip, and therefore you are making up for the loss of that tip?

Posts: 6320 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post