WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Pinot Days pinot noir tasting in N.Y.C.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pinot Days pinot noir tasting in N.Y.C.
 Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone ever attended this event at City
Winery in N.Y.C.My wife and enjoy pinot very much.Thinking of going.

Posts: 95 | Location: union n j | Registered: Apr 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
City winery is a fun venue for events.

I went to pinot days when itw as at the javitts and it was a huge event then you definitely get to try a bunch of good pinots.

i think when i went i had a tasting of over 60? pinots.

i think it's smaller since city winery isn't as large as a venue.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12254 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are going, will be a fun afternoon

Posts: 161 | Location: NJ | Registered: Jun 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a possibility, though I usually pass on these type of events. When is it?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36914 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saturday January 26th.Tasting begins at 1:30 going to 4:30.There are a few agenda options.You might want to check them out.Google Pinot Days New York.

Posts: 95 | Location: union n j | Registered: Apr 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you can id recommend the table hop dinner, i did this at the inaugural Pinot Days in LA and it was a blast... at least for the diners Wink

i poured at the most recent event in LA a few months back and if you go, i'd definitely check out Alta Maria, August West, Cargasacchi, Inman, Pali, Scherrer, Siduri and Sojourn... i'd also make a point to hit Inman & Scherrer first... Kathleen was pouring some of her sparkling which i believe is sold out/tasting room only, August West was pouring their recently bottled 2011's and all showed very well (but i'm biased), in addition Pali had some special stuff opened too... Belle Glos had an older mag opened, i wanna say it was the 05' Clark & Telephone which was pretty tasty too.

just my $0.02, be sure post a comment or notes if you go!

Posts: 4220 | Location: Southern Calif | Registered: Jul 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post