WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Odd/Funny Tasting notes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odd/Funny Tasting notes
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My all time favorite is still:
The biggest fault of this wine is that it has more wood put to it than Jenna Jameson.

I think it was seanr7 who came up with that one.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2864 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"This has so much tension and yet it is suave, I think I’ll call it Pierce Brosnan."

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3449 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one on the Ramey Syrah 2007 wasn't so much funny as upside-down:

"After reading all the reviews, I was very disappointed. Not much fruit or nose, definitely not like a great California Syrah. Maybe my bottle was off, but this tasted more like the dry French Rhones"

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3449 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one was in this morning's paper:
L'Ecole No. 41 2010 Chenin Blanc, Columbia Valley, $14. Crisp flavors of green apples, quinces and Jolly Rancher candy.

Jeez, how old are these reviewers? Roll Eyes

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6749 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tasted like a nosebleed dripping down my throat

- Milton

posted Hide Post
At an offline last week, thelostverse was joking about using "unwashed anal gland" of some kind of animal in a tasting note. Since we didn't have any Bordeaux at the table, I don't believe he used the phrase that evening.

Posts: 5376 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
heavy ball sweat

I have yet to figure out if the adjective refers to the first or second noun.

Posts: 2688 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
At an offline last week, thelostverse was joking about using "unwashed anal gland" of some kind of animal in a tasting note. Since we didn't have any Bordeaux at the table, I don't believe he used the phrase that evening.

I forgot about that. I'll keep that in hand for future use. Not the actual gland, just the phrase. Big Grin

Posts: 3555 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Came up just today in CT:

"PnP. Prolly the stinkiest, most primary OR Pinot I've ever encountered. Imagine you're grooming your horse and you're nearly done, but have to do the tail; you get into position, and the horse lets loose a great steamy pile, right at your feet - that's this wine. With nearly 10 minutes of swirling, some light cherry fruit and loamy earth notes emerge, but my nose is still somewhat traumatized by the initial blast of fresh manure. Medium bodied, dry, grainy and OK, but nothing I would seek out - even at flash site pricing. Drink thru 2016"

This is for a 2007 Torii Mor Pinot Noir La Colina. Sounds....tasty.

Cheers!

Posts: 2882 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
Came up just today in CT:

"PnP. Prolly the stinkiest, most primary OR Pinot I've ever encountered. Imagine you're grooming your horse and you're nearly done, but have to do the tail; you get into position, and the horse lets loose a great steamy pile, right at your feet - that's this wine. With nearly 10 minutes of swirling, some light cherry fruit and loamy earth notes emerge, but my nose is still somewhat traumatized by the initial blast of fresh manure. Medium bodied, dry, grainy and OK, but nothing I would seek out - even at flash site pricing. Drink thru 2016"

This is for a 2007 Torii Mor Pinot Noir La Colina. Sounds....tasty.

And the OP probably gave it a 93?

- Milton

posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Didn't give a score...

Cheers!

Posts: 2882 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post