WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Best Restaurant Winelists ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Restaurant Winelists ?
 Login/Join 
posted
This topic may be of interest:

Who offers the best restaurant winelist, which by my definition is: widest selection with best QPR at wide range of price points?

By city please: who, where and why?

Cheers

Jhcolman

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhcwine,

I have enjoyed great health at a great age because everyday since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine except when I have not felt well. Then I have consumed two bottles. - Bishop of Seville

Posts: 826 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jul 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dino in Washington DC is you are really into Italian wine.

When in doubt, open another bottle.

Posts: 2607 | Location: Silver Spring MD (Near DC) | Registered: Nov 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my experience, it has to be Berns in Tampa.

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1932 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
In my experience, it has to be Berns in Tampa.

I'd have to agree. Sparks in NYC has a great one. Best French list I ever saw was La Cote Basque.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36759 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Join Wine Spectator's internet site and you can access all of their awarded restaurants of which many have top-related lists. You may be able to Google this as well...not sure.

Posts: 54 | Registered: Jan 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bern's

Posts: 135 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Sep 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigTex22:
Join Wine Spectator's internet site and you can access all of their awarded restaurants of which many have top-related lists. You may be able to Google this as well...not sure.

Just remember to pay far more attention to "Best of Award of Excellence" and "Grand Award" winners. These restaurants typically have decent wine lists, whereas the "award of excellence" winners are really a mixed bag.

Posts: 143 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: Jul 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1112 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kid lightning:
Bern's

Of Course

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6281 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Nopa in SF's list is great. Not necessarily for having an extensive list of rare or trophy bottles but they have a great list with breadth and most are under 50% mark-up from retail.

Posts: 1544 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post