WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Costco Wine Alerts
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Costco Wine Alerts
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any of the OC gang have a recommendation which Costco has the best wine/Champagne selection? The one near me sucks at best..

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
Any of the OC gang have a recommendation which Costco has the best wine/Champagne selection? The one near me sucks at best..
They all suck, but the one in the district is probably the biggest selection.

Posts: 6469 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd have to agree with Glenn. District has the biggest selection although the champagne choices are small. There was a time when I felt their offerings were good but those days have passed. If you want local champs head to hi-times.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up 4 2009 Malescot St. Exupery at said Costco today for $99 which is a good price. And a bottle of Lagavulin. Nothing else there I wanted even remotely.

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I picked up 4 2009 Malescot St. Exupery at said Costco today for $99 which is a good price. And a bottle of Lagavulin. Nothing else there I wanted even remotely.

GA, which Costco that has 09 Malescot for $99? Thanks.

Posts: 1046 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up two bottles of 2009 Joseph Phelps for $40 each - Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.

Posts: 6450 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:

GA, which Costco that has 09 Malescot for $99? Thanks.
Laguna Niguel. On Heather Ridge.

--------------------

Marcel Ayme`

posted Hide Post
Westlake Village has Screaming Eagle for $1700.00+.
Come and Get It.....

Posts: 28 | Registered: Dec 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunnyvale, CA has 2003 Petrus 750 for $2,150.

oritz

Posts: 165 | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Redwood City has the '03 Petrus as well.

Posts: 839 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Aug 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Starting to see some 09 Bordeaux come in.
Picked up the last two Ch. Malescot St. Exupery for $98 each.
Not bad.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:
Starting to see some 09 Bordeaux come in.
Picked up the last two Ch. Malescot St. Exupery for $98 each.
Not bad.
The Costco on Richmond @ Weslayan has some 2009 Owen Roe Yakima Red in stock around $30. Not an insanely good price, but it's a fantastic wine that Houston/Texas rarely sees. Last time I saw it it was on the endcap of the bins on the last aisle.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nolan. I will check it out.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SF Costco:
96 Dom Perignon Oenotheque $300- Good
96 Billecart Salmon Close Saint Hilaire $360- Fair
06 Montrose $95- Fair
05 Harlan Estate $1000 ROFLMAO!
I don't know about others, but I really am finding very little value in keeping a Costco membership anymore... Meats are priced at or above my butcher, buying 14 pounds of Mushrooms does me little good as it is just me and my girlfriend, and even the booze is at or above what I can find on sale. If having a party, it's a convenient spot, but I rarely find myself there anymore.

The Dude abides.

Posts: 2991 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
SF Costco:
96 Billecart Salmon Close Saint Hilaire $360- Fair

Very much so.

Posts: 1591 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know about others, but I really am finding very little value in keeping a Costco membership anymore... Meats are priced at or above my butcher, buying 14 pounds of Mushrooms does me little good as it is just me and my girlfriend , and even the booze is at or above what I can find on sale. If having a party, it's a convenient spot, but I rarely find myself there anymore.

Then you need more girlfriends........ Banana

Posts: 839 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Aug 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fusionstorm:
quote:
I don't know about others, but I really am finding very little value in keeping a Costco membership anymore... Meats are priced at or above my butcher, buying 14 pounds of Mushrooms does me little good as it is just me and my girlfriend , and even the booze is at or above what I can find on sale. If having a party, it's a convenient spot, but I rarely find myself there anymore.

Is THAT what those giant tubs of Mazola are for? Eek

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6786 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Haha... Between her $3,000 handbags and vintage champagne palate, I can't afford another. Razz

The Dude abides.

Posts: 2991 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bigfoot

Did you really find these at Costco recently? If so which one? Sounds like more of a "what are you drinking" post. I have enjoyed Araujo with some age and would be curious of price.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
Bigfoot

Did you really find these at Costco recently? If so which one? Sounds like more of a "what are you drinking" post. I have enjoyed Araujo with some age and would be curious of price.

Oops... Red Face

In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!

Posts: 1103 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Haha... Between her $3,000 handbags and vintage champagne palate, I can't afford another. Razz
I think my wife and your girlfriend would get along. Mrs. Glennk added to her Bottega Veneta collection for a cool $4K recently. They did open 96 Dom for her while she shopped. Smile

Posts: 6469 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

To paraphrase the renowned urban "philosopher", one L'il Wayne......."you need a project chick".

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

Mrs. Glennk added to her Bottega Veneta collection for a cool $4K recently.

Glenn, a great buy, and I'm serious.

I bought one for D a few years ago, and something happened to it ( do not recall the details) and she called the store about repair. The purse was sent off, completely repaired including a new lining at no cost. D was told the purse should have not looked so bad after the accident. Smile

D also sent one of her older BV in for a cleaning about 10 years ago, and it again came back looking great with new hardware, new lining and such.

S will enjoy her new purchase for decades to come.

Posts: 30081 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
I think my wife and your girlfriend would get along. Mrs. Glennk added to her Bottega Veneta collection for a cool $4K recently. They did open 96 Dom for her while she shopped. Smile

Your Mrs. has impeccable taste (glancing at my Bottega Veneta billfold). Wink And BV has good taste... 96 Dom? I need to go shopping with the GlennKs! I usually only get a Perrier thrown my way.

The Dude abides.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

To paraphrase the renowned urban "philosopher", one L'il Wayne......."you need a project chick".

Sounds like a plan... Lil' Wayne is a smart cat- I will rock a pair of million dollar, diamond encrusted Beats Headphones, and toss an old Sony Walkman to my lady. I guess that's why he has like 7 kids with 5 different women. Smile

The Dude abides.