WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Why I am doing more shopping at the SAQ
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why I am doing more shopping at the SAQ
 Login/Join 
posted
Petrolo Galtona 2009 $98.50 SAQ
Petrolo Galatona 2009 $125 LCBO

Dominus 2009 $141.50 SAQ
Dominus 2009 $151.95 LCBO

Catena Zapata Nicasia Vineyard La Consulta Malbec 2008 $80.25 SAQ
Catena Zapata Nicasia Vineyard La Consulta Malbec 2008 $89.95 LCBO

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bruce Hayes,

Posts: 581 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't blame you. If I lived close to Quebec I would be doing the same. Get the best of both worlds???

Mind you, I have seen the tables turned(LCBO wines less than SAQ).

Posts: 256 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bruce, have you tried the 08 Catena Nicasia? I was looking at it last weekend during the 10% sale, but in the end I walked away.

Posts: 10073 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Hey Bruce, have you tried the 08 Catena Nicasia? I was looking at it last weekend during the 10% sale, but in the end I walked away.

No, I haven't yet.

Posts: 581 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
Petrolo Galtona 2009 $98.50 SAQ
Petrolo Galatona 2009 $125 LCBO

It's good that you live near the border. The $99 SAQ price for Galatrona is the best I've seen anywhere - in Italy the price runs in the vicinity of 95-99 Euros = $125Cdn. So enjoy the advantage. I'd be loading up.

Posts: 5122 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone going to Montreal? BigP?

Posts: 1640 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ooh .. i'm close to an saq that has 20 bottles in stock. Smile

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then JUST DO IT, halfpint! And get some for me too! That's one of my favourite merlots.

Posts: 5122 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do. Gonna head over on Friday and get me a Petrolo or two. Smile
I have to pick up some Schneider Brooklyn Hopfenweisse anyway.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the 2009 Petrolo Galatrona at last years Gamberro Rosso event in Montreal. It was a beauty. Met the owner Dr. Sanjust who was pouring the wine himself. I bought a few bottles since(8). They also have magnums at several locations Wink

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 719 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:

No, I haven't yet.

I'm never sure which Catena high end wines I'm drinking but I had several while in Guatemala and was underwhelmed by them all. That said, I was obliged to drink them too young. Brought a some back, which are aging in the cellar.

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10664 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post