WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Rhones in L.A.?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rhones in L.A.?
 Login/Join 
posted
Recent job transfer has taken me from Chicago to L.A. Trying to figure out the wine shops around here and specifically looking for a great selection of Rhone wines. I've held off on loading up on 2010's so I wouldn't have to move them. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Posts: 300 | Location: 90049 | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The two best places...
Woodland Hills Wine Co
The Wine House

I like WHWC the best..

Posts: 76 | Location: Ojai | Registered: Sep 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Wally's" has an excellent selection of Rhone stuff.

There are a few "Total Wine & More" stores in the area. It's like the "Wal-Mart" of wine stores, but they always carry a good inventory.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
K&L has a store in Hollywood.

"This is the strangest life I've ever known."

Posts: 1352 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: Nov 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
don't bother with wallys unless you hit their cheese shop, their markups are outrageous. whwc, wine house and k&l are solid rec's...

-----------------------------

Go Yankees! Razz

Posts: 8463 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Nov 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drive up the coast to Paso !

Posts: 718 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippomon:

Looking forward to doing that, hopefully soon. Any suggestions?

Posts: 300 | Location: 90049 | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redline325:
quote:

If you do make it up to Paso you'll enjoy it. Try/visit....Booker, L'aventure, Linne Calodo, Tablas Creek, Epoch, Saxum, Villa Creek, Caliza...to name a few. There are many other quality wineries worth checking out. Salud!

Posts: 67 | Location: usa | Registered: Dec 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woodland Hills would be my first choice.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7540 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of smaller places you might check out are Lincoln Fine Wines and LA Wine Co. Both are close to the beach, so they shouldn't be too far from you if you're in 90049 zip.

Posts: 278 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gfm10:
quote:
Originally posted by Redline325:
quote:

If you do make it up to Paso you'll enjoy it. Try/visit....Booker, L'aventure, Linne Calodo, Tablas Creek, Epoch, Saxum, Villa Creek, Caliza...to name a few. There are many other quality wineries worth checking out. Salud!

Mark Adams, who works with Justin Smith at Saxum, has his own place called Ledge. Not sure if they have a tasting room yet.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3053 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would add Terry Hoage and Denner

Posts: 718 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post