WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I was born twice, first as a baby girl on a remarkably smogless Detroit day in January of 1960, and then again as a teenage boy in an emergency room near Petoskey, Michigan in August of 1974.

Posts: 30141 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
reincarnation?

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6353 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Switch- hitter? Bow

I'm sorry, the winery says that's an allocated item!

Posts: 1048 | Location: Nanuet, Rockland County, New York.... just north of NYC | Registered: Feb 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just took a peek at Wine Berserkers forum. Man, there is some serious mental mas...bation going on there.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could someone please define the word rich to me?

I know it is not $200,000 for an individual or $250,000 for a couple. LOL

Posts: 30141 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Having a great deal of money or assets; wealthy. Devilish

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13557 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

:

Fulsome, mouth-coating, heavy, velvety

If you mean monetarily, IMHO a family making $250k a year, year in year out is moderately wealthy. A family making $500K a year, year in year out is rich. It’s more the fact that they can build on their wealth every year as opposed to being “one and done”. One good year has to be pretty good to make and keep someone or a family “rich”.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
However you define it, it applies to one person in Dearborn, MO and another in Fountain Hills, AZ today.

Posts: 2804 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rich has nothing to do with money.

Rich is having really, really good friends like you, who send me their very best bottles of wine on a regular basis.

So far, I'm not actually as rich as I'd like to be.

Cheers!

Posts: 8451 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:

Rich is having really, really good friends like you, who send me their very best bottles of wine on a regular basis.

Big Grin ...I like your take on this FAR more than our governments take on tax the rich bastards with combined income over $250,000. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Big Grin ...I like your take on this FAR more than our governments take on tax the rich bastards with combined income over $250,000. Big Grin
Didn't you vote for him? At least once? Razz

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Didn't you vote for him? At least once? Razz

Guilty as charged... I did vote for the person now defining rich four years ago. Smack Red Face

posted Hide Post
Knowing the price of everything, but the value of nothing does not make one rich, but sadly, rather pathetic.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5734 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A toast! To my brother, George Bailey; the richest man in town!

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6804 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"For every prohibition you create you also create an underground."

Jello Biafra

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Bowers [i.e. FlWino]:
reincarnation?

Ha, no. Just the opening lines of a book ( Pulitzer Prize) I found on an airplane onetime when flying to Amsterdam.

That opening alone caused me to read the entire book. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Bowers [i.e. FlWino]:
reincarnation?

Ha, no. Just the opening lines of a book ( Pulitzer Prize) I found on an airplane onetime when flying to Amsterdam.

That opening alone caused me to read the entire book. Big Grin

Must be Middlesex. Good book.

Posts: 10116 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot, but the Grinch, who lived just north of Whoville, did not."

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6118 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
22 more days to the cliff. Sky Diving by Congress

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6353 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize."

Muhammad Ali

--------------------

Marcel Ayme`

posted Hide Post
I want to be an achiever, like Bad Horse.

Posts: 6804 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The banner ad today at the top of this page promises me

FREE SHPPING 6 BOTTLES OR MORE

Wonder where I went.

Posts: 2804 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
FREE SHPPING 6 BOTTLES OR MORE

maybe they forgot 2 letters and it should read Free "shtupping". Now that would be interesting! Eek

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5734 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I promised you the secrets of the Universe. Nothing more.

posted Hide Post
Drink up... today is the end of the world... Devilish

I'm sorry, the winery says that's an allocated item!

Posts: 1048 | Location: Nanuet, Rockland County, New York.... just north of NYC | Registered: Feb 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post