WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    2007 Dow's Vintage Port OWC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2007 Dow's Vintage Port OWC
 Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know if there were OWC's made for the 2007 vintage?

I ordered a few cases earlier this year, and just received them, but no OWC. Kinda miffed.

Or does anyone have any empties laying around?

"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man"

Posts: 58 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have one in my basement.

Posts: 99 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: Oct 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon B:
Yes, I have one in my basement.

Is it available with a lid? Or just confirming that there is an OWC in existence? Let me know.

"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man"

Posts: 58 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's your standard wood 6 pack box with small nails holding to top on. There is a cardboard insert that separates the bottles.

Posts: 99 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: Oct 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jon B

can you email where to buy these buy the case. I am really having problems findingit.

Thanks

Peter

drpete12 at gmail.com

Posts: 19 | Registered: Aug 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry DrPete, I bought mine locally. You can find some on Wine Searcher but I'm not sure about full 6 packs.

posted Hide Post
i'd call up the guy who sold it to you and say "WTF"

otherwise, goto google and look up Premium port wines.
they are the main importer for the symington line and explain your predictament. they have been most accommodating for me if within their power

btw they do come in 12 pack OWC too but standard in teh US is 6packs

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12026 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post