WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 2013: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2013: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2008 Rhys Pinot Noir Family Farm Vineyard last night. In a great spot right now with some air. Excellent wine.

Posts: 6469 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Littorai Pinot Noir Hirsch Vineyard

Posts: 3649 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
I actually found it fantastic (as did my wife) and will probably try to source more. I will try to find the wine in the TN section and post.

Did you give it a long decant? I'm wondering if I just had an off bottle. My gf didn't like it either. I need to try this again... I was pretty disappointed but I'm glad to hear yours showed well. Gives me a reason to try another bottle!

I decanted for 3 hours, then drank over the next 4+ hours. It was doing pretty well from the first sip after that 3 hour decant, and stayed pretty consistent over that 4 hour drinking period. Hopefully your next one shows better!

Posts: 3180 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First glass of any alcohol this month. So in the spirit of a recent thread - '11 St. Cosme CdR, '10 Emmanuel Darnaud Les Trois Chenes Crozes-Hermitage

Posts: 3141 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Michel Gassier Nostre Pais Rouge.

Posts: 5432 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Azelia Bricco dell'Oriolo

Posts: 1523 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
how did this show?

Posts: 6469 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 Vieux Telegraphe La Crau CdP

In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!

Posts: 1103 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Offline with xhoser and JAR

2004 Pierre Gimonnet Champagne Extra-Brut Oenophile 1er cru
2006 Château Carbonnieux Blanc
2007 Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er Cru Vaulorent
xhoser can give us the Riesling details
2009 Rhys Pinot Noir (can't remember vineyard)
2005 Château Guiraud

The wines were good but the food was definitely the star.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night with friends

1997 Poderi Aldo Conterno Cicala Barolo
2005 Snowden Cab
2010 Achaval-Ferrer Malbec Finca Altamira

Posts: 2285 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:

How was this doing? Drinking window based on your bottle?

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2750 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyesintime:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:

How was this doing? Drinking window based on your bottle?

It came out dry and tight, but opened up pretty quickly. Not what I expected from an 03, with all the top of ripe, over-the-top wines. This wine is not. More tobacco, mineral, and earth with a little fruit (plum). It paired really well with a brined pork chop (brown sugar, maple syrup, molasses, etc.) as the acidity and earthiness cut through the sweetness of the brined chop. Excellent pairing. This is a wine that will definitely show better with food than solo.

No need to hold this wine. As far as longevity? I'm no expert, but I don't see any reason to think it'll get significantly better with additional cellar time. I'll be drinking mine over the next 5 years.

In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!

Posts: 1103 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Angelo Gaja Chardonnay Rossj Bass
2006 Domodimonti Il Messia
2003 Angelo Negro e Figli Roero Sudisfa
1999 Le Macchiole Messorio(WOW!)
1994 Castell'In Villa Chianti Classico Riserva

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 718 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dinner with Vin T, Xhoser + Mrs, and Pyang:

2004 les enseigneres puligny montrachet
2011 huet clos du bourg sec
1998 telegraphe la crau cdp
1998 paul autard cdp
1994 lopez heredia grand riserva (corked)

Posts: 1046 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
how did this show?

I did not decant but it was still drinking wonderfully. I'm sorry it was my last one. SG92.

Last night:
2009 Martinelli Zinfandel Vellutini Ranch

Posts: 3649 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
05 Melville PN Verna's
09 Rivers-Marie PN SC
10 Michel Gassier Cercius
05 Resalte Ribera del Duero Crianza

Posts: 886 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More like tasting..

Pintia 2005, Toro Cosecha

Posts: 3710 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 DeBiase Pinot Noir.

Posts: 3586 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 Chappellet Chenin Blanc Napa Valley.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after 6 tries of different sazerac recipes

i thinks igot it.

my balance though is not doing too well.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12022 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 Le Vieux Donjon CdP- great!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the last two days:

2009 Domaine de la Butte Mi-Pente Bourgueil

Posts: 855 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Alexana Pinot Noir Revana Vineyard

posted Hide Post
2010 Les Vins de Vienne, CdR, Les Cranilles

Posts: 10067 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoops posted in the 12 threas. 07 Stefania Syrah. Last bottle of the month. Great showing

Posts: 5941 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post