2010 anthill chard
This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
2009 Jean Michel et Laurent Pillot Mercurey en Sazenay 1er
Light barnyard and red fruit on the nose. A bit tart/cranberry to start on the palate, plus red fruit. Light to medium bodied. Opened up nicely with the bit of barnyard blowing off, and the tartness softening up. Drinking nicely now. The fruit isn't as big on this as on some of the other 2009s I've tried but it's nicely balanced. I'd drink this one over the next couple of years.
In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!
First Bedrock I've ever had. Very dark purple color. Lots of powerful flavor with a good finish. Reminds me of a Linne Calodo zin blend at a cheaper price.
2008 Chasseur Pinot Noir Umino Vineyard
2010 Stags Leap Karia chardonnay
With Chicken Adobo tonight:
2006 Weinbach Altenbourg Gewurztraminer
“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”
Last night with complete strangers:
2010 Rust en Vrede Cabernet Sauvignon
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.
MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net
South African cabs can do that to you.
2011 Chanson Montagny
2002 Château Montrose - Nice, but unexceptional
2002 Chateau Musar - oxidized
2005 Gemma Barolo Giblin - simple
2005 Giovanni Manzone Barolo Castelletto - simple
2008 Jonata Winery Todos - WOTN 1
2009 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon - Awesome funky WOTN 2
2010 St Innocent Freedom Hill Pinot Blanc. Great acidity and fruit for a cool vintage.
An over rated 08 Ramey Sonoma Syrah!
Last night with Memphis area wine guys at Cafe Society:
I brought a 2007 Chasseur Pinot Noir Rayhill Russian River Valley.
Last night w/VanCityWino and our ladies:
- NV H. Billiot Champagne Cuvee Laetitia -- a really excellent Champagne, complex and rich, lots of pear, ginger, white chocolate, roasted nuts, a bit spicy, good acidity, very long finish, even better than their Cuvee Julie to my taste
- 2011 Domaine Fouassier Sancerre Les Baronne -- very nice, apple and citrus, quite intense, perfect with fresh oysters
- 2007 Meo-Camuzet Morey St-Denis -- lovely nose of cherry, barnyard and herbs, silky, interesting mix of ripe cherry, mushroom and sage flavours with some sour cherry notes kicking in at the end, light in colour but long in finish, fine quality village wine drinking very well now
- 2001 Domaine Pegau Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Reservee -- still dark, big nose of berries and some funky stank, lots of berry and plum flavour, garrigue, pepper, basil, rich mouthfeel, dense, long finish with some fine tannins at the end, excellent, can probably use a few more years to show all it has
How was that? I have 1 bottle that I was looking at yesterday. Is there any point in waiting a bit longer to open it?
You truly drink well, Seaquam. A very intelligent selector of wines, and I'm sincere when I say this.
Finally! First wine of the year:
2010 Domaine Huet Le Haut Lieu Sec Vouvray
2007 Stefania Eaglepoint Ranch Syrah
- 2009 Didier Dagueneau Blanc Fumé de Pouilly (a different league of Sauv Blanc. I'll post some notes on this one.)
- 2008 Ridge Lytton Springs (Delicious)
What did you think?
2008 Rudius Napa Valley Cabernet
You should ony make wines you love to drink...
2009 Henri Prudhon & Fils Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Sur Le Sentier Du Clou (white)
2010 Henri Prudhon & Fils Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Les Frionnes
|Powered by Social Strata||Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21|