WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 2013: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2013: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2006 Larcis Ducasse
2010 Haut Barde
2009 Nenin

Posts: 1051 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1995 Beaucastel. Very good, but still young tasting to me.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2411 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 X Krug
1996 Pierre peters les chetillon (mag)
2004 dauvissat les clos
1970 montrose
1978 pichon lalande
1979 pichon lalande
1988 pichon lalande (mag)
2009 Leroy (don't remember which one)
2010 dujac vosne romanee beauxmont
1970 Taylor port

Posts: 1297 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
How did they show, bro?

The '99 Masseto was extremely disappointing. Brettanomyces +++. Overwhelming and made the wine totally unenjoyable.

Ouch! Dok, I'm feeling the pain on the other side of the continent. That's a wine that usually lives up to high expectations.

Cheers!

Posts: 8474 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saturday night dinner with friends at Le Smoking vallee restaurant in Montreal,

NV Veuve Cliquot Brut Champagne
2010 Kim Crawford SB
2001 Guido Al Tasso Bolgheri
2000 Arnaldo-Caprai Sagrantino di Montefalco Collepiano
2007 Chateau de Myrat Sauternes

Tonight over herbed rack of pork,

2006 Joao Simo Les Eres Priorat Vinyes Velles
2011 Moscatel de Setubal Bacalhoa

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6606 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
05' Galatrona Petrolo

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2757 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
05' Galatrona Petrolo

How did this show? I just bought a couple of the 2009.

Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty classic. Drank very well and has lots of life left. When looking for Merlot, this would be one of my top choices.

Best 55$ I have spent in a long time.

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

posted Hide Post
2006 Gamache Cab
2006 Carlisle Sonoma Syrah
2006 Stefania Uvas Creek Cab
2006 Kosta Browne Sonoma Coast Pinot
2003 Ch. Faugeres
2008(?) Torbreck - Standing, Factor and Juveniles
T-Vine line-up

Too many others to name at Key West Food and Wine Festival

Posts: 5974 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:

How were these two wines showing?

Posts: 327 | Registered: Sep 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Walt Pinot Noir Sanford and Benedict
2004 Bressler Cabernet Sauvignon

Posts: 3668 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Pretty classic. Drank very well and has lots of life left. When looking for Merlot, this would be one of my top choices.

Best 55$ I have spent in a long time.

That's a great price. I paid $98 (CDN.) and thought I was getting a good price. Did you buy these recently or on release and cellar them?

Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought them yesterday actually at our state liquor store 65$ less 15% if you bought a case....

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
1996 Conterno Fantino Sori Ginestra Barolo

and, ... how was it? I've been looking at some older Conterno Fantino and wonder if they are a good buy.

Dark colour. Great nose of dark fruit, licorice, and slight smokey hints. Great fruit on the palate and then it was totally flat. No acidity or structure to back-up the fruit. This bottle was open for 6+ hours without decanting.
Based on this bottle, not my style as I found it out of balance.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thursday with Darcy, otw, CSM, and mangiare:

2007 Pieropan Soave Classico La Rocca
1998 Cortese Barbaresco Rabaja
2003 Bruno Rocca Barbaresco Rabaja
1990 Clos du Mont-Olivet Chateauneuf-du-Pape
2001 Usseglio Chateauneuf-du-Pape Cuvee Mon Aieul
2005 Mt Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon

Yesterday:

2010 Torre Rosazza Friulano
2010 Sottimano Barbara d'Alba Pairolero
2010 Ksana Malbec Reserva

Delicious wines all around. The Sottimano Barbera is awesome, and one of the best Barberas I've ever had.

Posts: 10904 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nevada slim:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:

How were these two wines showing?

Both in a very good place right now

Posts: 5974 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Castello di Ama Chianti Classico

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13569 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:

How did this wine show? I believe I have one left. I've very much enjoyed this wine each and every time I drank it.

Posts: 3159 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the wine was very good, but brooding and needs more cellaring. I'd hold off another 5+ years. CSM has more experience with Mon Aieul than I, however, so he'd probably be able to provide more information about longevity.

Posts: 10904 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:

How did this wine show? I believe I have one left. I've very much enjoyed this wine each and every time I drank it.

This was my 3rd bottle and the past 2 were far more enjoyable. This one wasn't bad, but it really paled in comparison to the 90 Mont-Olivet.

I agree with futronic's recommendation to wait 5 years on this one and will do so before I open my next bottle (I have 2 left).

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2411 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A somewhat unsuccessful wine weekend at home. My dad is a new world guy so they were coming over this weekend with an 08 Esprit so I matched with 2 CA wines:

2011 Arnot-Roberts Chardonnay Santa Cruz Mountains – Meh. Ok enough, but nothing to really get me excited.

2010 Arnot-Roberts Syrah Griffin's Lair – This did not show well. It was ripe and a little out of balance which is surprising because I liked the 09. I have been having bad luck with CA Syrah over the last year or two and have pretty much stopped buying it. For the money, you just cannot beat France for the type of Syrah I enjoy.

2008 Tablas Creek Esprit de Beaucastel – My dad brought this over and as expected it was way too young. I’m a fan of the esprit, but I think it needs a good 7-10 years to show best.

Posts: 6523 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
2008 EIEIO E cuvee

How did you like the E cuvee ?

A fan of Oregon Pinot Noir

Posts: 158 | Location: Travelling Between Coasts | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Noiregonian:
quote:
2008 EIEIO E cuvee

I... how do you even pronounce this???

Posts: 4994 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
quote:
Originally posted by Noiregonian:
quote:
2008 EIEIO E cuvee

I... how do you even pronounce this???

As in ... 'Old MacDonald Had A Farm...' Smile

Tonight;
2008 Beringer Private Reserve Chardonnay

2005 Chateau Puygueraud

Be good and you will be lonesome. S.L. Clemens

Posts: 753 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: Nov 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Domaine Maurice Schoech Arthur Cuvee - very, very interesting. My first pinot from Alsace
2005 Chateau Montelena Cab Sauv Estate

Posts: 216 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post