WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 2013: What are you drinking?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2013: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:

- 1998 Dusky Goose Pinot Noir Rambouillet Vineyard -- from Oregon, a powerhouse that was still opening more after a couple of hours in decanter, great nose of cherry and baking spice follows on palate, some earthiness and anise kicks in as well, remarkably long, long finish. Needs time, but a great Pinot Noir worth looking for

? 2008? I think the frist vintage of Rambouillet was 2006.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2858 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 Ramey Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay - Surprising vibrant with butterscotch and lemon curd flavors.

Posts: 2151 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longboarder:
2004 Ramey Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay - Surprising vibrant with butterscotch and lemon curd flavors.

Cool My favorite vineyard of all the Ramey Chardonnays.

I opened an '07 with the latour67s and Board-Os last year that was fantastic.

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6033 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 El Nido Clio.

Posts: 9358 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:

- 1998 Dusky Goose Pinot Noir Rambouillet Vineyard -- from Oregon, a powerhouse that was still opening more after a couple of hours in decanter, great nose of cherry and baking spice follows on palate, some earthiness and anise kicks in as well, remarkably long, long finish. Needs time, but a great Pinot Noir worth looking for

Oops! Sorry-- it was 2008. Don't know what I was thinking. Red Face

I'm guessing a 1998 wouldn't need much more time, but first it would have to exist.

Cheers!

Posts: 8288 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight with gnocchi with carmelized onion and fennel, 2007 Nipozzano Chianti Ruffina, very nice wine that is drinking well now but will still see better days.

Cheers!

Posts: 8288 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Smile Nice. I haven't had a Ramey Chard in ages!

Posts: 15342 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:

Oops! Sorry-- it was 2008. Don't know what I was thinking. Red Face

I'm guessing a 1998 wouldn't need much more time, but first it would have to exist.

No worries. Nice note - letting the 08s sleep peacefully. The 06 was dynamite. Absolutely love Dusky Goose. Cool

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2858 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
I haven't had a Ramey Chard in ages!

Shame on you!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36722 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Rhys Pinot Noir Alpine Vineyard

Posts: 3600 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Kirkland cabernet sav.

My father brought it over for dinner. Not bad, certainly better than some of the really cheap California cabernets. A cellar defender for a Tuesday night.

He said it was about $13 a bottle.

Posts: 6394 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Heidemans-Bergweiler Spätlese - Graacher Himmelreich 2009

I always wanted to be a procrastinator.

Posts: 601 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Mar 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Domaine Bernard Defaix Chablis with a nice seafood linguine

Posts: 207 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NV Veuve Monnier Brut Or reserve

Posts: 1021 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
robert sinskey 2006 late harvest pinot gris

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11549 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1990 Il Poggione Riserva BdM

Posts: 2151 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 Gothic Wine Pinot Noir Nevermore

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Houston | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night with mortal enemies:

2008 Castello d'Albola Chianti Classico

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13423 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any thoughts on this Longboarder? The 1990 Fuligni Riserva consumed with VinT, OTW, and Futronic was delicious over the holidays.

2003 Petrolo Galatrona - third time trying this wine and finally some complexity. IMO, it needs another couple years. But, it's already 10 years old...

Posts: 1540 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
quote:

Any thoughts on this Longboarder? The 1990 Fuligni Riserva consumed with VinT, OTW, and Futronic was delicious over the holidays.

2003 Petrolo Galatrona - third time trying this wine and finally some complexity. IMO, it needs another couple years. But, it's already 10 years old...

FWIW: Just took a quick look at the LCBO and SAQ and was amazed at the price disparity. LCBO selling the 2009 for $125, while the SAQ, still making a profit I am sure, has it for $98.25.

Wow.

Posts: 580 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
robert sinskey 2006 late harvest pinot gris

First I have heard of a late harvest PG. Sounds interesting.

Posts: 580 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 Bedrock Wine Co. Heirloom Wine Pagani Ranch

Posts: 3600 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night at dinner with Allred and our wives:

N.V. Marguet Père et Fils Champagne Blanc de Noirs Brut Tradition
2008 La Fleur de Bouard Lalande de Pomerol
2009 WesMar Pinot Noir Hellenthal Vineyard
2002 Neal Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain Estate
2009 Match Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Butterdragon Hill

The Neal and Match were both in an excellent place last night. I even enjoyed the La Fleur last night.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
2011 Bedrock Wine Co. Heirloom Wine Pagani Ranch

Please share your thoughts on this wine.

Posts: 304 | Registered: Sep 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:

FWIW: Just took a quick look at the LCBO and SAQ and was amazed at the price disparity. LCBO selling the 2009 for $125, while the SAQ, still making a profit I am sure, has it for $98.25.

Wow.

Funny, cheapest I have found this in Calgary is $135!! Some of the pricing out here is absolutely ridiculous.

Posts: 207 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post