WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 2013: What are you drinking?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2013: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
NV Krug, Grande Cuvee
2010 Stefania, Nueva Casa de los Padres

Posts: 10154 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
2010 Stefania, Nueva Casa de los Padres

I really enjoyed this on New Year's Eve. Great wine, and glad I have 3 more.

Posts: 5494 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Valdicava Brunello di Montalcino - in nice spot right now.

Posts: 3600 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some baby killing yesterday with gkapoor:

2009 Etienne Sauzet Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Champ-Canet –Overall I have enjoyed the style of the 2010 vintage over 2009 so far in Burgundy, but this was an excellent showing. Plenty of fruit on the palate but nicely balanced with a mineraly finish and nice acidity. Some 09’s have been overdone for me, but this was fantastic.

2009 Pontet-Canet – We opened this around noon and had a taste and then just let it slow o in the cellar until dinner. While obviously young this was surprisingly easy to drink with nice ripe fruit on the attack and really fine tannins that were not harsh at all despite its youth. No trace of alcohol to me which I have heard might be an issue for 09. Will be a blockbuster with some age, but it was enjoyable now if you want to pop one before it shuts down.

1999 Mouton Rothschild – Had a taste of this at the restaurant from one of those enomatic wine machines. More of a red fruit profile that is starting to show some age. Very enjoyable “classic” Bordeaux, but I wouldn't pay the going rate for this wine these days.

Fun night as always with gk.

Posts: 6538 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Canuck:
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
2001 Bouchard Pere & Fils Corton le Corton GC

What did you think of this?

It started off somewhat light (understandable for the vintage) with underbrush and a bit of barnyard (which blew off). Nose and flavors were typical Beaune with underbrush, mushrooms, red fruit and a bit of smoke. After a couple of hours it put on some weight and was quite enjoyable. It's showing a bit of age but still has time to go. I'm not sure if it will improve from here, so I'd drink them if I had more 2001s. 89pts. It did make think that the 2006 I have should be excellent, and 2005 could be a good QPR.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another liquid Friday afternoon celebrating a co-worker's birthday...

2005 Benjamin Bridge Brut Reserve
2004 Le Macchiole Paleo Red
1999 Domaine Beaurenard CdP Boisrenard
2007 Badia a Passignano Reserva
2005 Jonata El Corazón de Jonata

Posts: 5144 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done! I like the liquid Friday afternoon theme Cool

How was the Boisrenard?

Posts: 1928 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Ridge Vineyards Zinfandel East Bench Dry Creek Valley

Pretty impressed of the alcohol (15,2%) Eek

dzitt

Posts: 893 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 Pio Cesare Barolo.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

How was the Boisrenard?

The 99 Boisrenard is in a good spot still but I don't know how many more years it has. My favourite wine was ths 04 Paleo, so everything pales in comparison.

Posts: 5144 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Relic Scarpa Syrah

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12237 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Hartford Court Fog Dance Vineyard

Posts: 342 | Location: Tx | Registered: Mar 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
Another liquid Friday afternoon celebrating a co-worker's birthday...

2005 Benjamin Bridge Brut Reserve

How was this? Does it live up to the hype?

Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
quote:

How was the Boisrenard?

The 99 Boisrenard is in a good spot still but I don't know how many more years it has. My favourite wine was ths 04 Paleo, so everything pales in comparison.

No surprise on the 04 Paleo! Winner It would be a hard act for the others to follow. Glad to hear the Boisrenard was good. I had a 1990 a while back that was good but probably a bit past peak imo.

posted Hide Post
1995 Montosoli BDM Smile

Posts: 1695 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Drinkward Peschon
2007 Pride Cabernet Franc

Posts: 1882 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With some grilled dead cow last night, 2006 Stefania Uvas Creek Cab. In a very nice spot right now.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2413 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some memorable ones:
1986 Quarts-de-Chaume, Chateau Bellerive, the oldest wine in my cellar, like frozen in time, has nit changed during the last years
1999 Chateau Rieussec, Sauternes
2005 Heritage de Thieuley, Chateau Thieuley, the first time i opened a 2005 Bordeaux, a totally understated "Appellation Bordeaux" from a true wine magician, thank you Mr. Francis Courselle.

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1916 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
05 Clio
09 shafer cab one point five
A Pinot made by J Phelps that I can't remember now but wasn't bad

Posts: 2309 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
09 shafer cab one point five

I received this as a gift at Christmas - what did you think?

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1950 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2x NV H. Billiot Cuvee Laetitia ( vintages from '83 - '05)

2005 Domaine Bertagna Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru

2005 J-P Fichet Les Referts Montrachet

2002 Domaine E. Sauzet Montrachet

1996 Domaine Bonneau du Martray Corton Charlemagne

Enjoyed at lunch yesterday.

Posts: 30181 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Burger King?

Posts: 276 | Registered: Oct 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txgolfpro:
quote:

Burger King?
LOL

Looks like a stellar selection of white burgs W&A - a great lunch! Bow Did any really stand out from the rest? Any TN's?

posted Hide Post
Last night with roast duck - 2010 Kutch Pinot Noir McDougall Ranch. Way young, but I have 6 and wanted to get a gauge. I haven't even tried any of my '09s yet as I only have three of those.

Posts: 3600 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txgolfpro:
quote:

Burger King?

Not until they start serving lobster. Razz

Posts: 30181 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post