WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 2013: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2013: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2011 Domaine Launay Julienas.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tonight, 2000 Produttori Barbaresco Ovello, pale ruby, nice floral nose, plum, anise, white pepper, good acidity, very long finish with some fine tannins remaining, probably close to peak now but no hurry to drink these up.

Cheers!

Posts: 8391 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peter Lehman Shiraz The 1885

Posts: 1227 | Location: Scottsdale AZ/Midway UT | Registered: Jun 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Varner Home Block Chardonnay- yet another winner from this excellent winery

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
2010 Varner Home Block Chardonnay- yet another winner from this excellent winery

Great to hear! I just picked up a few of these! People seem to be buying up the Bee Blocks, but the Home Blocks don't seem to get as much attention.

Posts: 1611 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night.

1990 Salon

Made a long Monday much more tolerable Smile

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2740 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1997 Turley Aida Vineyard Zinfandel

You should only make wines you love to drink...

Posts: 522 | Location: Napa and 74-41 | Registered: Mar 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
quote:

Great to hear! I just picked up a few of these! People seem to be buying up the Bee Blocks, but the Home Blocks don't seem to get as much attention.

I bought a mixed case, 3 bottles each of the Varner bottlings and 3 of the Neely. This was the first one I opened.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the last couple of nights:
1999 David Arthur Elev. 1147 Cab
2009 Walter Hansel North Slope Pinot

Posts: 3649 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1978 La Mission Haut Brion
1982 Poyferre
2005 Masseto
2005 SQN The Naked Truth

Posts: 1295 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm mulling over a six-pack of Varner (Bee & Home Block), or the '11 Aubert (Lauren and Ritchie). Decisions, decisions...

Posts: 1519 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
1982 Poyferre
2005 Masseto
2005 SQN The Naked Truth

I had the '82 Leoville Poyferre in London with Birdungy in November. It was a wonderful bottle of mature Bdx. Hope yours was equally as enjoyable.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight, to celebrate two days in a row wearing a shirt and tie.... a 1998 Leoville Barton paired with a grilled skirt steak and some potatoes fried up in some duck fat. It worked just fine. Still alive and kickin'.....

PH

Posts: 15066 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longboarder:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
1982 Poyferre
2005 Masseto
2005 SQN The Naked Truth

I had the '82 Leoville Poyferre in London with Birdungy in November. It was a wonderful bottle of mature Bdx. Hope yours was equally as enjoyable.

It was LB, no idea if it will improve but who cares when it is drinking so well right now.

Posts: 1295 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- 2010 Schweinhardt Lohrer Berg Scheurebe Spatlese

Scheurebe is one of my favorite varietals, and this one doesn't dissapoint. Incredible QPR at $12.

Posts: 1519 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mareff:
1970 Heredia De Lopez Cosecha
1976 Heredia De Lopez Cosecha
1976 Heredia De Lopez Tondonia
1989 Imperial CVNE Cosecha
1995 Alta Rioja
1996 Pesquera
2004 Givot Priorat
2009 Dofi Priorat
1990 Heredia De Lopez Tondonia Blanco
Which wines stood out in this tasting?

Posts: 928 | Location: Olive Branch, Mississippi | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Last night.

1990 Salon

I thought you recently stated in another post that you drink plonk? I'm still waiting to see evidence to support this!

Posts: 2545 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Tonight, to celebrate two days in a row wearing a shirt and tie.... a 1998 Leoville Barton paired with a grilled skirt steak and some potatoes fried up in some duck fat. It worked just fine. Still alive and kickin'.....

PH

Shirt and tie??? WTF! We need to chat.

How was the 98'? Ive found the left bank to be more accessible in this vintage.

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
quote:
Last night.

1990 Salon

I thought you recently stated in another post that you drink plonk? I'm still waiting to see evidence to support this!

This was hiding within all the yellow tail....

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

posted Hide Post
quote:
and tie??? WTF! We need to chat.

How was the 98'? Ive found the left bank to be more accessible in this vintage.

I'd chat, but the friggin' necktie is restricting my breathing..... Mad Wink The 98 LB was lovely. Nothing breathtaking, but classic Bordeaux and ready to go. Found a straggler recently. Best $35 bottle of Bordeaux I've ever had for sure.....

PH

Posts: 15066 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2009 Dofi Priorat

I just picked up a few. What did you think?

Posts: 581 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Rosenblum Cellars Petite Sirah Pickett Road Vineyard - Corked
2003 Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley. This was a gift and was in a very nice place last night, especially after opening the corked Rosenblum.

Posts: 3586 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Martinelli Chardonnay Zio Tony Ranch

Posts: 3649 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Domaine Grand Veneur Champauvins Côtes du Rhône Villages

dzitt

Posts: 855 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by max:
quote:
1970 Heredia De Lopez Cosecha
1976 Heredia De Lopez Cosecha
1976 Heredia De Lopez Tondonia
1989 Imperial CVNE Cosecha
1995 Alta Rioja
1996 Pesquera
2004 Givot Priorat
2009 Dofi Priorat
1990 Heredia De Lopez Tondonia Blanco
Which wines stood out in this tasting?

I was impressed with the 76's. The 1970 is over the hill, the younger Rioja's were good just not that impressive and the Priorats were very tight.

Posts: 3710 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post