WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Poll: What Region is the Highest Represented in your Cellar?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: What Region is the Highest Represented in your Cellar?
 Login/Join 
posted
Just curious as to what people are cellaring.

Personally, my cellar consists of almost 50% French wine, but only 20% of that is Bordeaux (12% Burgundy, 10% Rhone, 7% Champagne and a few others).

Bordeaux is the most represented region in my cellar.

Question:
What Region is the Highest Represented in your Cellar?

Choices:
Bordeaux
Burgundy
Australia
California
Italy
Germany
Portugal
Spain
Chile
New Zealand

I'm back....

Posts: 4491 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the heck? I voted for Italy and it's still showing up as no votes?

Booooooo.

Posts: 10939 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
California in a mudslide.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13638 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
What the heck? I voted for Italy and it's still showing up as no votes?

Booooooo.

Hmmmm... me too. I smell election fraud here. Razz Rob, you have problems, dude.

PH

Posts: 15316 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Italy has three votes. Read the results very carefully. It is a screwed up graph because the region is written just under the bar for its' results.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13638 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More coffee required.

Posts: 10939 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nevermind! Red Face It is a poor display of the data, though.

PH

Posts: 15316 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted Italy although it is very close between that and CA. Of course, if you treated France as one unit, between the Rhone and Champagne that would probably be number 1 (I've got, litterally, no Bordeaux and very little Burgundy; the first by choice, the second by price prohibition for the stuff I really like).

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7660 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
California now. From my beginning wine collection til a year and a half ago, it was always Bordeaux. Bordeaux is now #2 in my collection, Rhone #3.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37019 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a close battle in my cellar - 4 regions are within 1-2% of each other (Rhone, Italy, Spain, Bordeaux). I voted for Italy since I don't see Rhone in the choices.

Posts: 1007 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
California by a mile and increasing it's lead over the last 2 years.

Posts: 7448 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fess up, Hunter. Long Island wines dominate your cellar!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37019 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is the rhone? By far my most collected area.

Posts: 342 | Location: mt, usa | Registered: Oct 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fess up, Hunter. Long Island wines dominate your cellar!

Maybe it should now. Who knew Paumanok was the Chateau Latour of Long Island and that they have been "making great wines since 1983" ?

We need to pay more attention.

Big Grin

Posts: 7448 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't write the code, I just posted it! Razz

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Nevermind! Red Face It is a poor display of the data, though.

PH

I'm back....

Posts: 4491 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that! I can't add it without deleting the votes.

quote:
Originally posted by BER:
Where is the rhone? By far my most collected area.

I'm back....

posted Hide Post
I have more Chinese cooking wine than others. Big Grin Next is Bordeaux.

http://www.h2o2winecellardesign.com/

Posts: 2080 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After my vote, Italy is now tied for the lead.

Posts: 3027 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would vote for Oregon, if I could. Confused

Got acid?
@@@@@@@@@@@@
Everyone has to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another glass of wine.

Posts: 1442 | Location: Redstate USA | Registered: Mar 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bordeaux but Kentish Pinot Noir is catching up.

Ooops - wrong board.

For the Portheads... www.theportforum.com

Posts: 4234 | Location: Middle Earth | Registered: Sep 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Germany

_________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3147 | Location: Cowboys Stadium | Registered: Feb 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bordeaux.

------------------------------
Originally posted by Board-O:
It's truly amazing the amount of meaningless posts you make.

"All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:22

Posts: 2529 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Jun 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of the choices offered, I would have to say it's a toss up between California and Australia.
However, they don't even come close to the amount of Washington and Oregon wines in my cellar.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
California is first by a long shot (what can I say, the wife loves CA PNs and if I keep her happy she doesn't complain about how much I spend) followed by Bordeaux. Then comes Australia, Washington, and the Rhone.

If I broke it down further than that Sonoma and the Central Coast would be ahead of Bordeaux, and Napa would be right behind Bordeaux and ahead of Australia.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dinwiddie,

When in doubt, open another bottle.

Posts: 2623 | Location: Silver Spring MD (Near DC) | Registered: Nov 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head I'm about:

40% Bordeaux
25% Italy (mostly Brunello, some Barolo)
15% California Cab.
10% Aussie Shiraz
5% Chile (Cab and Pinot)
5% Chateauneuf du Pape

Posts: 148 | Location: Vancouver, b.c. | Registered: May 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post