WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Attn Ontario forumites, Private Wine Stores, may be closer than you think.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attn Ontario forumites, Private Wine Stores, may be closer than you think.
 Login/Join 
posted
Check out this article and get involved. Write to your MPP and show your support. The WCO has been working on this for years and has the clout to make it happen. The plan includes all wines from all regions worldwide ( not just domestic) and will free up a lot of consignment wines for single bottle offerings and not the current by the case only option. Perhaps you might even be able to open your own store.

http://winesinniagara.com/2012...hat-just-might-work/

Posts: 59 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: Oct 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Privatization doesn't mean anything to me when the import tax/duty structure is the way it is.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
Privatization doesn't mean anything to me when the import tax/duty structure is the way it is.

+1 Privatization without deregulation won't change much other than, potentially, not having to buy certain wines by the case.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2398 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by AML:

+1 Privatization without deregulation won't change much other than, potentially, not having to buy certain wines by the case.

+1 especially on the silly case requirement on sales by agents.

Posts: 1863 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post