WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Wines for Chinese New Year
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wines for Chinese New Year
 Login/Join 
posted
anyone?

Feb 10th this year and the year of the snake.

i might just be forced to buy a 2008 lafite to open.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11857 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Real or counterfeit?

Posts: 5402 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you're celebrating?

i was thinking more of a Tsingtao beer or a shot of johnny walker red. Wink

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Real or counterfeit?

Counterfeit of course!

I was thinking Hennessy and green tea lol

Posts: 213 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:
you're celebrating?

i was thinking more of a Tsingtao beer or a shot of johnny walker red. Wink

i dont see how either of those are chinese.

tsingtao started as the anglo german brewing company and no one really drinks johnny walker red.

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11857 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:

tsingtao started as the anglo german brewing company and no one really drinks johnny walker red.

i don't know if any chinese person drinks tsingtao.

but the jw red? back in the day, that's all they served at weddings. somebody was drinking it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:
quote:

i don't know if any chinese person drinks tsingtao.

but the jw red? back in the day, that's all they served at weddings. somebody was drinking it.

i actually saw more of the henny, the fukianese weddings had the walker reds, but bleh, I meant amongst us wine snobs, no one really drinks johnny walker red =)

I'm certainly not drinking walker red or black or green or gold or blue on chinese new years.

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

posted Hide Post
Maybe going to pop some Cali and WA cabs.

Posts: 1037 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
i actually saw more of the henny, the fukianese weddings had the walker reds, but bleh, I meant amongst us wine snobs, no one really drinks johnny walker red =)

for some, the henny is just a bottle filled with black tea. but i've also had the real deal henny at a wedding.

walker red is gross. red is symbolic but then martell is also red. Smile

quote:
I'm certainly not drinking walker red or black or green or gold or blue on chinese new years.

not a fan? not even the blue? i've had the jw double-black. it's smooth.

posted Hide Post
hard liqour makes it just so much harder to keep track of how much money I'm losing when I'm gambling

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

posted Hide Post
I'll be celebrating this year with a Chinese client of mine at Sun Wah in Chicago.

I'll be bringing a variety of hopped-up Three Floyds beers.

Posts: 854 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe some riesling with some spicy Szechuan. Pinot with the roast duck. And some budweiser for my dad. I've bought Stone Brew, Chimay, Blue Moon, Russian River Brewery, and my dad will always rather pick the Bud.

Posts: 176 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Dec 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:
quote:
Real or counterfeit?

Counterfeit of course!

I was thinking Hennessy Chivas and green tea lol

Fixed

"Believe me, you can count on Slippery Pete" - Kramer

Posts: 1425 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Jun 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was introduced to ginseng Brandy a long time ago which was actually pretty good.

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6568 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to have a Lafite and Coke.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2385 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I will pop a maotai Ack

Posts: 213 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maotai LCBO Sale

$54 off. There is a reason the bottle looks like a can of motor oil. I would rather drink castrol.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2287 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
99 Masetto is on tap I hear. I won't get the full week in I have to be in Dallas on Monday. Had hoped to be in Taiwan with Ms Ingrid but the day job got in the way.

Paul Romero (tlily)- Owner, Winemaker, Tour Guide
Stefania Wine
http://www.stefaniawine.com

Posts: 7627 | Location: San Jose | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it is just a coincedence that 2017, when I turn 50, will be the year of the cock. Big Grin

Posts: 5402 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if it is just a coincedence that 2017, when I turn 50, will be the year of the cock. Big Grin

Ahem. I think we call it a rooster.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
99 Masetto is on tap I hear.

I hope it shows better than the one I opened for Mr. and Mrs. Bman. The brett was over the top and it was very disappointing. Ack

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5657 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
when I turn 50, will be the year of the cock.

When I turn 60 it's the year of the horse. That'll make my wife ROTFLHFO. Just call me trigger Big Grin

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5657 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be drinking Château Lafite and coke which the dealer, Rudy Kurniawan, assured me is the correct method of consumption for this type of Bordeaux.

Posts: 612 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:

Maotai LCBO Sale

$54 off. There is a reason the bottle looks like a can of motor oil. I would rather drink castrol.

Now that you mentioned it, I will remember whenever I see a castrol again. LOL
Good thing I only use Mobil1 and Motul.

"Believe me, you can count on Slippery Pete" - Kramer

Posts: 1425 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Jun 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new landlord gave me some Lucky Money. What should I do with it?

Posts: 8671 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post