WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    French Chateau accidentally knocked down!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

French Chateau accidentally knocked down!
 Login/Join 
posted
http://www.globalpost.com/disp...ateau-razed-accident

Sounds fishy to me, like the owner might have had it "accidentally" knocked down so he could build a newer one right there. Funny/sad story if it's true as reported.

Go Habs Go

Posts: 5562 | Location: Chicago | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some low down dirty scoundrel snuck into my cellar and drank all the good stuff. Leaving behind only empty bottles.

Think I have a claim?

"What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the red wine of Shiraz into urine?" -Isak Dinesen

Posts: 1289 | Location: Chico, CA | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
http://www.globalpost.com/disp...ateau-razed-accident

Sounds fishy to me, like the owner might have had it "accidentally" knocked down so he could build a newer one right there. Funny/sad story if it's true as reported.

And you called me a conspiracy theorist? Big Grin

Posts: 10073 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All you guys who are out to get me are conspiracy theorists.

Go Habs Go

Posts: 5562 | Location: Chicago | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard a Polish joke since I was a kid Razz

Posts: 15484 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laurel & Hardy routine surfaces.... Bow

I'm sorry, the winery says that's an allocated item!

Posts: 1048 | Location: Nanuet, Rockland County, New York.... just north of NYC | Registered: Feb 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
I haven't heard a Polish joke since I was a kid Razz

A Russian hiring a Pole. That is a real stretch. Disaster awaits.

The Poles then went to Italy to drink wine, but forgot the spigot was open. LOL

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6325 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Won't be pressing charges because the damage has been done".

Riiiight. I've got a beach-front land in Iowa to sell you.

I just want to see how much the insurance payout was on this.

Ἐν οἴνῳ ἀλήθεια
En Vino Veritas

Posts: 289 | Location: New Orleans, LA | Registered: Dec 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still can't believe it's baroque Wink

Posts: 864 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I blame it on one thing:

VODKA

"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man"

Posts: 58 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post