WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    OT: "Your one experience" Now, you can't even look at it.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT: "Your one experience" Now, you can't even look at it.
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
...she looks at him dead in the eye and whispers “do you like what you see”...

Wow. All I was thinking was, it was lucky this didn't start a chain reaction. Now I have something new to add to my list of turn-offs. <shudder> Red Face

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6849 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chevas Regal- Frown

Posts: 1770 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
...she looks at him dead in the eye and whispers “do you like what you see”...

Wow. All I was thinking was, it was lucky this didn't start a chain reaction. Now I have something new to add to my list of turn-offs. <shudder> Red Face

You mean like this?

Posts: 2957 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My parents had New Years Eve parties with open bar. One year I snuck some gin and got sick. I couldn't stand the smell of gin for many years.

Posts: 1272 | Location: Scottsdale AZ/Midway UT | Registered: Jun 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justme:
Wow, I never knew there were so many different words for Vomit.
So far I've seen:
barf, puke, ralf, projectile, hurl, heave, morning spew AND evening spew. Have I missed any?

The formal medical term is "emesis"

-----------

My addition to this post would be Seagram's 7 and Mountain Dew. Wow that was a loooong time ago.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the ubiquitous "tossing one's cookies."

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37030 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blowing chunks.

Posts: 1149 | Location: Chandler, Arizona | Registered: Jul 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised no one has posted my all time favorite.

"praying to the porcelain god!"

Posts: 917 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Aug 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:

Lentini beat you to it page 7.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2996 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:

LOL I missed it.. but it's so good it's worth saying again.

Posts: 917 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Aug 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:

LOL I missed it.. but it's so good it's worth saying again.

My favorite variation on the theme:

Yodeling in the porcelain megaphone.

PH

Posts: 15328 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Driving the big white bus

Posts: 1272 | Location: Scottsdale AZ/Midway UT | Registered: Jun 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump due to the Hangover thread.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2464 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh. Some of the stories are stomach-churning. Thanks so much, Rob! Ack

For BRR, it's Wild Turkey. Had way too much at a party when I was young, went out the back door, some guys were passing around a pint of the stuff, and decided it would be a great idea...it wasn't so much the amount, but it was the last very disticnt memory (smell) I had, and can't go near it.

Cheers!

Posts: 2923 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jack Daniels. Every time I've had it was in quick shot form, and every time the result was seeing my previous meal, deconstructed.

Posts: 5526 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody ever try Malort? Truly the worst of all time.

Posts: 894 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was tricked into a shot of Chartreuse once... The taste of it instantly made me puke. Never again.

Posts: 218 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fighting Cock - a cheap rot gut whisky you can still find for $1.99 a liter. When we were underaged (it was 18 then), we used to get someone to buy it for us and we would mix with cokes from the drive-in. One night we had the bright idea of doing shots. It caused me to immediately flash hash. Now, I can't even look at a picture of the bottle without gagging.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GalvezGuy,

GG

Posts: 276 | Location: Galveston, TX | Registered: Apr 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A college friend of mine got hammered on midori then proceeded to puke green all over one of my roomate's bathrooms. She was known as "the exorcist" for years after that event.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2996 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:
Was tricked into a shot of Chartreuse once... The taste of it instantly made me puke. Never again.

Green or yellow?

----------

posted Hide Post
I'll add "selling Buicks" the list of euphemisms.

Posts: 290 | Location: just south of Napa Valley | Registered: Jul 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bacardi Limon

Posts: 1883 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I have one of these stories for pretty much every kind of alcohol.

Posts: 1318 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post